A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

ITE ATA Raid Controller in Windows 7- help!!!

ITE ATA Raid Controller in Windows 7- help!!!

Postby clarkgable » Mon May 04, 2009 1:16 am

I've been trying to install Window 7 RC for a few days now, and it really is not working out for me. The main reason? Windows 7 install does not recognise the drivers (vista 64-bit) for the controller, and seeing as I am installing from boot, I really cannot get any further with this installation. It is the 1T8212 driver that I am trying to install, I have been to ITE's website to download the latest drivers. Does anyone have any ideas on what I can do as an alternative?

Thanks in advance
PRO Level 2

Re: ITE ATA Raid Controller in Windows 7- help!!!

Postby Grav!ty » Mon May 04, 2009 1:26 am

What's the make and model of your motherboard, or your system if it's an OEM system clarkgable?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby imnuts » Mon May 04, 2009 2:17 am

If you download the drivers and put them on a flash drive, you should be able to load the drivers when you get to the drive selection screen.
PRO SUPREME

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon May 04, 2009 8:05 am

It might be possible to manually redecorate the driver for W7, but then if successful you would have an issue with an unsigned driver.

When I had a similar problem in Longhorn, I just installed the OS on a IDE drive, then installed my problem drivers in compatibility mode. No guarantee this would work in W7 though...
PRO VETERAN

Postby clarkgable » Mon May 04, 2009 12:27 pm

I hve an ASUS P5KPL-AM mobo. It's IDE ports are being used by my hard drives, hence the need for a PCI raid Controller. I can't install the OS first, cos I can't get past the request for drivers! Hence my 'stuck' position...
PRO Level 2

Postby clarkgable » Mon May 04, 2009 12:39 pm

...plus, the latest x64 drivers from ITE (Vista drivers) are not being accepeted by the Win7 install.
PRO Level 2

Postby Grav!ty » Mon May 04, 2009 2:26 pm

If you've got the drivers on a USB flash drive and using the Load Drivers function on the setup page where you select the partition/drive to install on and Windows 7 won't accept the drivers, then it's really difficult to come up with any suggestions.

Do you have free space on any of your IDE drives on which you can create a partition to install Windows 7 on?

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby clarkgable » Tue May 05, 2009 11:49 am

found a solution- downloaded the latest driver from Windows Update Catalog and I was able to load the drivers, only when I loaded them from the IDE HDD, not the USB HDD. Not sure why. Anyway thanks one and all!
PRO Level 2

Return to General Windows Support