A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Firefox 3.5 beta 4

Firefox 3.5 beta 4

Postby imnuts » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:02 pm

Not sure if anyone else here is using this or not, but I just updated from beta 3 today and I'm not liking the new beta. It changed my default settings for what data to clear when Firefox closes and was deleting all of my cookies, so I had to keep logging in places, which was annoying. Hopefully I got it fixed now, but if anyone else is using it, just be sure to look at what is being cleared when Firefox closes if you have the same problem.
PRO SUPREME

Re: Firefox 3.5 beta 4

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:39 pm

3.09 and 3.10 are also buggy. In both of them when I click on the bookmarks menu item immediately after starting my system up, and on first opening the browser I constantly get asked if I want to remove my home page :eek: It's dang irritating!

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby phileysmiley » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:35 pm

Hmm...I just got the notice that it upgraded me to 10 (as soon as I restart it) so I'll check this out. I was actually thinking of upgrading to the beta, too. I don't recall having this problem with 9, though.
Media Director

Postby imnuts » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:49 am

phileysmiley wrote:Hmm...I just got the notice that it upgraded me to 10 (as soon as I restart it) so I'll check this out. I was actually thinking of upgrading to the beta, too. I don't recall having this problem with 9, though.

I haven't had any issues with upgrading between stable versions. I think the reason for the change was the security settings layout is different between beta 3 and beta 4, and it looks like it may have reset some of the values to the default, but not everything.
PRO SUPREME

Postby phileysmiley » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:47 pm

Grav!ty wrote:3.09 and 3.10 are also buggy. In both of them when I click on the bookmarks menu item immediately after starting my system up, and on first opening the browser I constantly get asked if I want to remove my home page :eek: It's dang irritating!

UPDATE: I upgraded to 3.0.10 on all 3 PCs and this hasn't happened to me.
Media Director

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:00 pm

Thank you Larry :) I wonder if it's because I don't use the bookmarks toolbar? I see no mention at all of the issue at the Mozilla forums either.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby phileysmiley » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Grav!ty wrote:Thank you Larry :) I wonder if it's because I don't use the bookmarks toolbar? I see no mention at all of the issue at the Mozilla forums either.

I don't use the toolbar either.
Media Director

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:11 pm

That narrows it down to...anything :lol:

It's got something to do with "one click bookmarking", a message or something I read on the Mozilla page immediately after 3.09 was auto installed, but I can't remember selecting that option or even if such an option was presented.

PROfessional Member

Postby phileysmiley » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:16 pm

Hmm...well here is how I have FF set. In Tools/Options/Main I have selected "Show my windows and tabs from last time." That way whenever it starts up it either goes back to where it was or I get the "Firefox stopped unexpectedly" dialogue asking if I want to return or start anew. Occasionally when I go to restart I get a dialogue asking if I want to "quit and return" to previous windows and tabs.

Maybe what you experienced only happens when you start with a fresh browser (not returning to last open windows and tabs)?
Media Director

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:24 pm

Yeah only a fresh browser with the home page set to google.co.za

I'll set it back to the default Firefox home page which is google anyway, and see what happens when I reboot.

PROfessional Member

Next

Return to Alpha / Beta Software