A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Inability to boot

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Inability to boot

Postby ApharoahsKING » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:19 am

I've got my brothers Compaq sr2150nx, this thing has been giving me all kinds of trouble, but here is the problem now. After i partitioned vista and installed xp pro to a smaller 16gb partition, i loaded vistabootpro, installed the bootloader, ran the diagnostics, applied my settings and when i restart the dual boot screen comes up but when i try to boot into xp i get the missing ndtlr file and when i try to boot into vista it will start to load then go back to the dual boot menu, anyone have any ideas what i can do, (reformatting is not an option lol) any help would be appreciated
PRO New Member

Re: Inability to boot

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:26 am

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby ApharoahsKING » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm

Well, i went through those guides before posting. Now the problem is that i get the dual boot prompt, xp will boot but vista runs into an error while starting and startup repair "cannot repair"
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:59 pm

Do you have both sets of boot system files - boot.ini, ntldr and NTDETECT.COM for XP and bootmgr and the folder Boot for Vista - on the drive/partition tagged (System) in Disk Management?

Also, please post a screenshot of your Disk Management as well the contents of View Settings>Overview from VistaBootPRO.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby ApharoahsKING » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:54 pm

Ok, i've got the error problem fixed vista will now try to boot, the only problem is that its stuck in a loop. The vista logo comes up and it starts to boot then it stops and goes back to the Compaq screen. I've read somewhere that this could be a problem with a fbism.exe file, any ideas on how to fix that?
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software