A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

internet connection

Re: internet connection

Postby scrambledlife » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:06 am

I did it again but no luck.When I check the network diagnostics for windows xp it says it couldn't detect any wired or wireless network cards.but u never told me why vista connects but xp not.ty
PRO Level 3

Postby yeshuas » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:09 am

scrambledlife wrote:I did it again but no luck.When I check the network diagnostics for windows xp it says it couldn't detect any wired or wireless network cards.but u never told me why vista connects but xp not.ty

Have you checked the Device Manger to see if your network adapter is showing up, if it isn't you will need the XP driver for it.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby scrambledlife » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:15 am

The only thing shows 1394 Net adapter.
PRO Level 3

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 am

scrambledlife wrote:The only thing shows 1394 Net adapter.

Check for the name of the adapter in Vista Device Manager...it will be the same for XP and then we can help find the drivers for you.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mnemonicj » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:59 am

You can't set up a network connection on a ethernet card that doesn't have any drivers. Vista and Windows 7 probably already have the drivers for your network card bundled in with the Windows installation, but Windows XP does not. That is why you have an internet connection with Windows Vista and 7, but not XP.

You will need to find out what kind of Network card you have, find the drivers for XP,and install the drivers for your network card. Then, you will be able to set up an internet connection on XP.
PRO Level 15

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:10 am

mnemonicj wrote:You can't set up a network connection on a ethernet card that doesn't have any drivers. Vista and Windows 7 probably already have the drivers for your network card bundled in with the Windows installation, but Windows XP does not. That is why you have an internet connection with Windows Vista and 7, but not XP.

You will need to find out what kind of Network card you have, find the drivers for XP,and install the drivers for your network card. Then, you will be able to set up an internet connection on XP.

Exactly.

Like I said a few posts up,

JabbaPapa wrote:... it seems this may in fact be the nForce 730a chipset with some extra added branding confusion tagged on for free.

So, try these drivers : :download: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_730 ... 18.11.html

or these more recent ones : :download: http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_winxp_15.26.html

You can download these drivers using Vista, then when you have saved them to a safe location, open XP and install them in there :)
PRO VETERAN

Postby scrambledlife » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:55 pm

Ok, finally.I think I have some explanation to do why I did get back so late but first thing first Thanks for all ur help that help to do this.I had the xp on vista and w7 and I couldn't get to vista till I had to get NET framework 2 and vista boot loader and GOD figure how to get vista and back to xp with W7 in between (lol).After I got vista and got net adapter (nvidia) I download the driver and back to xp and downloaded the driver and by ur guys help I finally learned to solve this problem and got on line with xp too.Now I have to find that Multiple boot loader I have seen it here in of the post .I have a million thanks to yeshuas :angel: and Jabbapapa :angel: and Gravity :angel: again.tyvm I like to learn as much as I can maybe another windows on this again(lol).
PRO Level 3

Previous

Return to General Windows Support