A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Clock on XP

Clock on XP

Postby Sisco22 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:47 pm

Hey guys,
I am having trouble with some of our laptops here at work with the time changing back an hour from what i set it too. Its like the time zone isn't working or something. Does someone know a fix for this? Ever since Daylight Savings happened, this has been a problem. Its currently 7:45am here and i just changed this laptop to the correct time, but in 15 mins it will revert back to 6:45am, or by then it will be 8am and will revert to 7am.
Thanks!
Adam
PRO Level 14

Re: Clock on XP

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:19 pm

Check that you have the correct time zone set in Control Panel>Date and Time and also, try to change the Internet Time Server there or disable it.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby Sisco22 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:22 pm

i checked that, but the internet time server tab doesn't show up.
PRO Level 14

Postby Sisco22 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:44 pm

this is on a network too.
PRO Level 14

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:49 pm

The only other thing I can think of is the Windows Time services in services.msc

If that is not set as automatic then the time service on the individual systems and the network will not synchronize. Maybe also check the log on tab there and another thing may be to check that the user profiles on the networked systems are all set with the same locale.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby imnuts » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:04 pm

Do you have the daylight savings time patch installed? It could be that Windows is syncing with GMT/UTC and adjusting the clock accordingly. The other thing to check would be the hardware clock to make sure that has the correct time as that would be the other place I could see Windows checking the time from, though I'd think it would reset that clock rather than change the one in Windows.
PRO SUPREME

Postby Sisco22 » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:31 pm

Got it working. I reloaded the machine, patched it with all the patches, made a registry hack, unchecked the DST box, then changed the time zone in Outlook 2007 and it seems to be working now. Kind of a pain to do, since all the other systems on the network are fine. I'm thinking its the internal battery on the laptop messing up.
PRO Level 14

Return to General Tech Chat