A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Network Drive Problem in Vista

Postby luizrrocha » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:05 pm

Matthew, I contacted IOGear several times and they told me they will fix the problem. Finally I gave up and purchased a Conceptronic CH3WNAS with gigabit internet. As soon as you change the NTLMV2 configuration, Vista recognizes it right away.

To the hell with IOGear, a company that does not care for its customers and gives cynical answers to your complaints.
PRO New Member

Re: Network Drive Problem in Vista

Postby gsxr_rcr » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:08 am

Ok i have spent the last 3 nights on the phone with iogear about this very same problem. I know this is old but after tryong to log in and trying to access the manager through Vista with no avail I tried to logon on as the guest which I never had to do before. Low and behold by using the guest username and password the Boss allowed me to enter the data files. I cannot get into the server setting using a vista machine so i have to use my old XP machine for that. I am currently backing up my hard drive to the Boss and everything appears to be working fine. I also just assigned a letter to the boss. I have to log in everytime I restart or logoff the computer but at least I dont have to fool with the ip address everytime. Hope this helps somebody. I also put in a complaint for to the developers and maybe they came create some updated firmware that will entirely fix this problem as I have really enjoyed this Boss so far.
PRO New Member

Re: Network Drive Problem in Vista

Postby JabbaPapa » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:38 am

You need to have an identical user profile on all connected machines -- same user name, same password, and you can't use a blank password.

Then sharing becomes easy :)
PRO VETERAN

Previous

Return to General Windows Support