A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Installing Ubuntu in VMWare issue.

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Re: Installing Ubuntu in VMWare issue.

Postby yeshuas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:13 pm

Ok I am dumb, can't read, need new glasses, etc etc etc. It was 15 or 16 minutes the whole time, I don't know what I saw last night :whistle must have looked at the seconds or something :lol:
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:28 pm

yeshuas wrote:Ok I am dumb, can't read, need new glasses, etc etc etc. It was 15 or 16 minutes the whole time, I don't know what I saw last night :whistle must have looked at the seconds or something :lol:

:lol: I know there would have been a lot of buzz about if this was true! I had a feeling... :whistle :lol: ;)
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:06 pm

Holy Folding Batman, 6 WU / 3872 points for folding, wow now that is some points
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:23 pm

yeshuas wrote:Holy Folding Batman, 6 WU / 3872 points for folding, wow now that is some points

LOL, don't expect that every 3 hr. period eh?;) :lol: ^*^ You should see an increase on your graph pretty soon. :cheers:
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:43 pm

augie wrote:
yeshuas wrote:Holy Folding Batman, 6 WU / 3872 points for folding, wow now that is some points

LOL, don't expect that every 3 hr. period eh?;) :lol: ^*^ You should see an increase on your graph pretty soon. :cheers:

I can expect it, but I ain't a gonna git et, :rofl:

I figure maybe twice a day or maybe 3 times every 2 days.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:21 pm

yeshuas wrote:
augie wrote:

I can expect it, but I ain't a gonna git et, :rofl:

I figure maybe twice a day or maybe 3 times every 2 days.

Sorry Dan, I figure your 1760 pointer got recorded along with the backlog that wasn't reported at the 12PM run.
Still, you are doing great man!

Just as an aside, my HW arrived at the depot today so I should get it tomorrow AM! :drool: We can then compare notes on dual VM's. :yesnod:

Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:39 pm

yeah, I figured it was almost a 6 hr post of points because I didn't have that many at noon and I should have had more than it said.

We as a team should start really kicking some serious but in the coming days with all the dual this and OC'd GPU etc. ^*^

Have you figured out how to install VMWare Tools yet, I have been following the instructions I found on VMWare site and have had no luck at all. :pc
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:07 pm

yeshuas wrote:yeah, I figured it was almost a 6 hr post of points because I didn't have that many at noon and I should have had more than it said.

We as a team should start really kicking some serious but in the coming days with all the dual this and OC'd GPU etc. ^*^

Have you figured out how to install VMWare Tools yet, I have been following the instructions I found on VMWare site and have had no luck at all. :pc

No luck at all yet with VMWare Tools. :bashhead This is what's needed so that FahMon can cross the VM platform from XP or Vista, I've seen others doing it but I haven't seen any guides yet. Maybe it's too easy? :whistle :embarrassed: :lol:

Anyways, when the HW comes in tomorrow I'll be moving to V ULT x64 too so that should keep me busy for a while. I'll try to keep one rig up so that I can still connect, besides my X2 3800+ will now be a native Ubuntu rig running SMP on a much slower dual core. Has to be way faster than running a virtual Ubuntu under Vista and VMWare overhead. I'll be very interested to see the numbers on simalar projects. :yesnod:

Community Director

Postby imnuts » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:39 pm

I working on setting up a streamlined linux install, hopefully with everything that is needed, in VMWare and will make it available for people to download then. I'm going to try and set it up so it's as simple as entering your user info after starting it and it should make it so that you only need VMWare player and not the full-blown installation of VMWare Workstation/Server. More info as I get it available. :yesnod:
PRO SUPREME

Postby augie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:09 am

imnuts wrote:I working on setting up a streamlined linux install, hopefully with everything that is needed, in VMWare and will make it available for people to download then. I'm going to try and set it up so it's as simple as entering your user info after starting it and it should make it so that you only need VMWare player and not the full-blown installation of VMWare Workstation/Server. More info as I get it available. :yesnod:

Excellent man, less overhead is always good!!! ^*^ I'll beta test it for you. :yesnod:

Community Director

PreviousNext

Return to Distributed Computing