A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Asus P5E-VM DO Motherboard - Issue setting up RAID array

Re: Asus P5E-VM DO Motherboard - Issue setting up RAID array

Postby jrcserver1 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:55 pm

Alrighty, here we go again, lol. I've zeroed all three drives yet again and I've got the RAID5 setup properly. Now, how do I ensure that when I install XP, it will be on the C: drive so that I don't have to go through this disaster again? :)
If I go into the XP setup and create a partition, it gives it the F: drive...... and at this point, I know exactly what the F stands for!

I don't think the problem with the PC not POSTing was ever hardware related.... I've dealt with hard drive failure a few times and know the symptoms. As well, all of the hardware in this computer is just a few months old.
PRO Level 7

Re: Asus P5E-VM DO Motherboard - Issue setting up RAID array

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:51 pm

Drive letters are not always terribly important you know :lol:

If you absolutely want the drive to be C: well, you can either install Vista instead of XP (W7 would create some other possibly unwanted partitioning artefacts); or you could use some 3rd party solution like the Paragon Partition Manager 8.5 boot CD to make your partitions prior to Windows installation ; or you could install XP, rename F: to C: , then clean install XP again to the same partition without formatting it.
PRO VETERAN

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing