A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

ELO Touchscreen Power Pinout

ELO Touchscreen Power Pinout

Postby skyline » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:47 am

Been searching and searching for what I would assume would be easy to find, but have had no luck. Just got my "new" ELO 15" touch (Model Number; ET1525L-7SWA-B) and it has no power cord, which was to be expected, as I bought it off eBay. Problem is I, being the *** that I am, assumed it used a standard monitor power cable, and it doesn't. So, I tore it apart, got to the board with the power connector on it, and on the bottom of the pcb, there are 5 metal pins soldered to the board. Four of them for the four pins in the connector, and one for what looks to be shielding around the inside diameter of the connector.

I figured I would find a pinout, and solder some wires to the underside of the board for power, but I can't seem to find a pinout for this thing anywhere. I could test and see which pins on the underside of board coincide with pins in the connector, but I still wouldn't have any idea which were power and ground.

So, if anyone can find a pinout, or tell me a way to determine which pins are ground/power it would be greatly appreciated.

And if anyone wants a pic of it, I can take one, but it kinda looks like the female end of this.

Thanks ^*^
PRO Level 12

Re: ELO Touchscreen Power Pinout

Postby yeshuas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:12 am

That looks sorta like a Laptop power supply cord
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby skyline » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:24 am

yeshuas wrote:That looks sorta like a Laptop power supply cord

Actually, the most similar thing I could find in my house was a power cable for an external CD drive.

Only difference with a laptop power cable is that it is a barrel connector, and doesn't have the pins inside.
PRO Level 12

Postby yeshuas » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 am

Oh yeah, sorry about that, I don't mess with laptops that much.

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you out?
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby skyline » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:35 am

yeshuas wrote:Oh yeah, sorry about that, I don't mess with laptops that much.

Have you considered contacting the manufacturer and see if they can help you out?

I did think about it, but they're probably just going to tell me to buy an AC adapter, and I'm planning on running it off DC.
PRO Level 12

Postby imnuts » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:57 am

If I see anyone at work and remember it, I'll see if they have the product manual for them. We have at least one ELO touchscreen, though I don't know how old or what model they are, at work. I'd think that the power adapter used on them is about the same between the 15" models. Unfortunately the group that would know about them or be able to find out got moved out of the building I'm in and aren't as easy to contact anymore.
PRO SUPREME

Postby skyline » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:21 am

imnuts wrote:If I see anyone at work and remember it, I'll see if they have the product manual for them. We have at least one ELO touchscreen, though I don't know how old or what model they are, at work. I'd think that the power adapter used on them is about the same between the 15" models. Unfortunately the group that would know about them or be able to find out got moved out of the building I'm in and aren't as easy to contact anymore.

Oh well :roleeyes

I appreciate anything you do come up with though.
PRO Level 12

Return to Hardware and Customizing