A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

GPU client (x64) epic fail

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

GPU client (x64) epic fail

Postby kd1966 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:39 am

I have had some issues with Vista in the past with the CLI client; if you do the "Run as admin" you will always have to enter your config info (This was on a x86 VHP) so I got used to running normally. I am running the 6.23 GPU client and I just noticed tonight when I shut down (Exited) the GPU client (It was at 67%) and several minutes later restarted the GPU client, I LOST ALL PREVIOUS WORK! :bashhead

What the heck....... :blink Is there a way to shut this down without losing your previous work? :question
PRO PLATINUM

Re: GPU client (x64) epic fail

Postby BILLMCC66 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:30 am

I have found if you shut down the PC instead of the GPU when you re-boot and start the GPU it says something like "core shutdown invalid will resume from last checkpoint.
I personally let it run 24/7 :yesnod:
STILL LEARNING

LOGIC CAN GET YOU FROM A TO B BUT IMAGINATION CAN GET YOU ANYWHERE
PRO Level 8

Postby yeshuas » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:22 pm

kd1966 wrote:I have had some issues with Vista in the past with the CLI client; if you do the "Run as admin" you will always have to enter your config info (This was on a x86 VHP) so I got used to running normally. I am running the 6.23 GPU client and I just noticed tonight when I shut down (Exited) the GPU client (It was at 67%) and several minutes later restarted the GPU client, I LOST ALL PREVIOUS WORK! :bashhead

What the heck....... :blink Is there a way to shut this down without losing your previous work? :question

What OS are you running? I had this happen with Windows 7 X86 when I was trying to get ATI GPU folding going at first
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby kd1966 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:13 am

yeshuas wrote:
kd1966 wrote:I have had some issues with Vista in the past with the CLI client; if you do the "Run as admin" you will always have to enter your config info (This was on a x86 VHP) so I got used to running normally. I am running the 6.23 GPU client and I just noticed tonight when I shut down (Exited) the GPU client (It was at 67%) and several minutes later restarted the GPU client, I LOST ALL PREVIOUS WORK! :bashhead

What OS are you running? I had this happen with Windows 7 X86 when I was trying to get ATI GPU folding going at first

Was x64 Vista............ very strange, but will take a look into what Bill said
PRO PLATINUM

Return to Distributed Computing