A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Internet Explorer 8

Re: Internet Explorer 8

Postby shreader » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 am

Internet Explorer 8 RC1

One can now Download IE 8 RC1 & test/play with that one.

:download: Windows Internet Explorer 8: Home page
Software Director

Re:

Postby JoukoRislakki » Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:31 pm

Cornflake wrote:Can anyone confirm whether APNG support (Animated PNGs) will be supported in IE8? I've done some web searching and last I heard it doesn't. I always wanted sigs with transparency (shadow, glow, etc) which could be done with PNG since, well, many years ago. I had to wait until IE7 came out to really use them because Firefox was one of the few browsers to support an alpha channel... and since a large portion of the web share was still using IE6 people mostly saw ugly gray borders.

IMO APNGs are awesome -- finally we have an animated image that supports full 24-bit color, that's backwards compatible with browsers who can only display static PNGs, and has full 256-level alpha channel (and not just 1-bit like GIFs). I've been waiting to have an alternative to GIFs for YEARS!

... However I'm sure IE8 won't support it, but that's not really a surprise. People rant about how IE doesn't need to support it because it's such an unused format but I disagree. Graphic design is one of my hobbies and I know for certain that people like me have been waiting for animated PNGs. It's just that no one uses them because Ie doesn't support them. Maybe when I'm on my death bead IE85 might just then support it :P

firefox supports apng
ImageImagework like you don't need the money... love like you've never been hurt.. and dance like nobody's watching
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:57 am

The version of IE8 that you should be testing it with is the one that's included in W7.

Having said that, I just tested it myself, and no the format is not fully supported in the W7 IE8 version .. :(
PRO VETERAN

Postby JoukoRislakki » Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:48 pm

JabbaPapa wrote:The version of IE8 that you should be testing it with is the one that's included in W7.

Having said that, I just tested it myself, and no the format is not fully supported in the W7 IE8 version .. :(

even with the latest build that update the IE core?
ImageImagework like you don't need the money... love like you've never been hurt.. and dance like nobody's watching
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:03 pm

JoukoRislakki wrote:even with the latest build that update the IE core?

I am not using any illegally distributed version -- but really, I would just suggest that you wait, as I'm sure that the format will be supported in the not too distant future
PRO VETERAN

Previous

Return to Alpha / Beta Software