A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Welcome to our new Folding@Home Home

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Re: Welcome to our new Folding@Home Home

Postby augie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:32 am

yeshuas wrote:I currently have my shaders set at 1500. It says in FAH Monitor that total PPD is in the 7000's but it is taking longer to do them that I am not getting the scores that I used to

Yah, you got the shaders to the max Dan . It has to be the 511 pointers that are screwing you up. On my OC'd 9800GT I get around 4.5K as per FAHmon on that 384 pointer and that's what I usually get showing up on EOC though I've had some really bad days with the 511s, I got a quite a few today. :confused

It still doesn't make sense though. I can see you getting 6.3K at times but not be consistent @ 5'3.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:36 am

yesterday I got the 511's a couple times in a row and several of them, today I am not sure how many but several times, Oh well
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:54 am

OK Dan, humour me as I'm grasping at straws or very thin air air here. :whistle You start the gpu similar to like I have? Basically looking at the config.

Code: Select all
C:\Users\augie\Documents\GPU0\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe -gpu 0 -verbosity 9 -local
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:05 am

augie wrote:OK Dan, humour me as I'm grasping at straws or very thin air air here. :whistle You start the gpu similar to like I have? Basically looking at the config.

C:\Users\augie\Documents\GPU0\Folding@home-Win32-GPU.exe -gpu 0 -verbosity 9 -local

I don't even know what you are talking about here ??????????
All I did was download folding at home GPU client install it and that is it
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:26 am

yeshuas wrote:
augie wrote:OK Dan, humour me as I'm grasping at straws or very thin air air here. :whistle You start the gpu similar to like I have? Basically looking at the config.

I don't even know what you are talking about here ??????????
All I did was download folding at home GPU client install it and that is it

My apologies Dan since you got the GUI systray-620.msi right? What I posted was for a CLI install. I'm out of ideas ATM. Maybe a good sleep will kickstart something in the bat belfry. :yesnod: I'm off for tonight. :sleeping:

Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:31 am

Man you younger generation, just don't know what to think, Hey pleasant dreams ^*^
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:41 am

augie wrote:
kanaloa wrote:Can you actually control what you get to work on? Most of mine seem to be 1500, though I honestly have no idea what all types there are.

Nope , Stanford gives and you get. No choice at all due to the need to complete projects which they can then use to work on, whatever they do with it. You will get different projects according to which clients you run and different points and therefore different work units compared to what us GPU folders get and what we're talking about. Good question John. Seems you're using the uniprocessor GUI client, easiest to set up and forget. :whistle You're doing fine for that. :yesnod:

EDIT: I'm not sure about what you mean by '1500', your history shows 215 and 225 point WUs about one per day which is about right for an older single core CPU folding.

Yeah I noticed that about the points versus the numbers I see locally. I'm using my main PC (which will be idle more when I go back to work). I would have thought it could crunch more than this. Makes me wonder if I have everything set up right. The older labtop I'm using takes a while - which is also a bit of a surprise (it was fairly high end when Vista came out).
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:46 am

kanaloa wrote:
augie wrote:
kanaloa wrote:Can you actually control what you get to work on? Most of mine seem to be 1500, though I honestly have no idea what all types there are.

Nope , Stanford gives and you get. No choice at all due to the need to complete projects which they can then use to work on, whatever they do with it. You will get different projects according to which clients you run and different points and therefore different work units compared to what us GPU folders get and what we're talking about. Good question John. Seems you're using the uniprocessor GUI client, easiest to set up and forget. :whistle You're doing fine for that. :yesnod:

EDIT: I'm not sure about what you mean by '1500', your history shows 215 and 225 point WUs about one per day which is about right for an older single core CPU folding.

Yeah I noticed that about the points versus the numbers I see locally. I'm using my main PC (which will be idle more when I go back to work). I would have thought it could crunch more than this. Makes me wonder if I have everything set up right. The older labtop I'm using takes a while - which is also a bit of a surprise (it was fairly high end when Vista came out).

Well I am doing GPU folding which is better than the CPU folding or faster may be a better word, but it is only possible with certain video cards e.g. 9800 and I am using a GTX 260 which should blow augie away but I not for some reason
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby augie » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:29 am

Well I am doing GPU folding which is better than the CPU folding or faster may be a better word, but it is only possible with certain video cards e.g. 9800 and I am using a GTX 260 which should blow augie away but I not for some reason

Yes Dan, you should blow me away @ 7K, looking at your stats since Christmas that's about where you and Bill should be with an OC to 1500!!! I would uninstall what client(s) you have running, delete all folders and start again from scratch! Might need a reboot too. I had a 384 today that was giving me 1.5K which is insanely low given my card. I started anew and all seems well now, except for one 511 ATM but it's at normal PPD. These are betas eh? ;) That's why you get the bigger PPDs in exchange for possibly more maintenance. This was my first time with an issue like that.

Community Director

Postby yeshuas » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:56 am

augie wrote:

Yes Dan, you should blow me away @ 7K, looking at your stats since Christmas that's about where you and Bill should be with an OC to 1500!!! I would uninstall what client(s) you have running, delete all folders and start again from scratch! Might need a reboot too. I had a 384 today that was giving me 1.5K which is insanely low given my card. I started anew and all seems well now, except for one 511 ATM but it's at normal PPD. These are betas eh? ;) That's why you get the bigger PPDs in exchange for possibly more maintenance. This was my first time with an issue like that.

I just did all of what you suggested actually since I had all the problems a couple days ago so I will wait and see for a couple days ^*^
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Intel I5-3570K
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

PreviousNext

Return to Distributed Computing