A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Welcome to our new Folding@Home Home

Forum rules
Welcome to our modest though robust team of folders! You are all more than welcome to join us or ask specific questions about how to go about folding but please start a new thread to post your questions, this way nothing of importance will be lost and everyone here will help you out.

If you just want to chat folding then the Folding@Home Home thread will be great!

Re: Welcome to our new Folding@Home Home

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:54 pm

Dang, the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 I have at work will not work with FAH. No CUDA. I had hoped to put this PC to good use when I'm not here - it's fairly powerful. To bad I cant put the servers to work - but I realize now that the GPU is more important than the CPU, or so it appears. If my unused laptop at home didn't put out so much heat I'd run it 100% on this - maybe during winter I can, I'll try tonight.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby yeshuas » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:10 pm

I just wish I could get mine folding like it was a few days ago. I have no clue what happened, as I went from around 7000 to the mid 5000 :confused
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:26 pm

yeshuas wrote:I just wish I could get mine folding like it was a few days ago. I have no clue what happened, as I went from around 7000 to the mid 5000 :confused

You all speak Greek in this forum a lot. Can you explain to us n00bs what that means exactly :roleeyes
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby yeshuas » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:35 pm

kanaloa wrote:
yeshuas wrote:I just wish I could get mine folding like it was a few days ago. I have no clue what happened, as I went from around 7000 to the mid 5000 :confused

You all speak Greek in this forum a lot. Can you explain to us n00bs what that means exactly :roleeyes

Sorry about that.

Simply put, I was doing about 18 - 19 and sometimes more clients/WU work units a day and it has now dropped to 13 - 14

If you check out this page you will get an idea of what i was talking about

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... s=&t=13790
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Thanks, I'm catching up on all the terms and speak... slowly but surely :yesnod:
President

Postby augie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:52 pm

Treihydral wrote:
augie wrote:Whoa, Treihydral seems to be in a bit of difficulty ATM. Reboot, reuse and recycle! :silly: :bashhead

Nope. Everything is fine.
Had some friends and co-workers over for the Florida, Oklahoma game.

One of the guys liked the backup machine and said how much. I said $800. 20 minutes later he was back from the ATM with the cash. :yesnod:

Hence the new backup machine specs below.

The two 8800gtx's are no longer folding for me.

LOL@sale, our loss.:)
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby augie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:08 pm

kanaloa wrote:Dang, the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 I have at work will not work with FAH. No CUDA. I had hoped to put this PC to good use when I'm not here - it's fairly powerful. To bad I cant put the servers to work - but I realize now that the GPU is more important than the CPU, or so it appears. If my unused laptop at home didn't put out so much heat I'd run it 100% on this - maybe during winter I can, I'll try tonight.

You do realize that using a work computer for folding without express permission can be construed as a conflict of interest, right? I certainly don't want to see you jeapordize that.;)
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
Community Director

Postby kanaloa » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:10 pm

augie wrote:
kanaloa wrote:Dang, the NVIDIA Quadro FX 1400 I have at work will not work with FAH. No CUDA. I had hoped to put this PC to good use when I'm not here - it's fairly powerful. To bad I cant put the servers to work - but I realize now that the GPU is more important than the CPU, or so it appears. If my unused laptop at home didn't put out so much heat I'd run it 100% on this - maybe during winter I can, I'll try tonight.

You do realize that using a work computer for folding without express permission can be construed as a conflict of interest, right? I certainly don't want to see you jeapordize that.;)

What if I give myself permission :P I am the Director of Web Content :lol:
President

Postby augie » Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:13 pm

That'll work I guess. :rofl:

Community Director

Postby Treihydral » Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:22 am

augie wrote:
Treihydral wrote:
augie wrote:Whoa, Treihydral seems to be in a bit of difficulty ATM. Reboot, reuse and recycle! :silly: :bashhead

Nope. Everything is fine.
Had some friends and co-workers over for the Florida, Oklahoma game.

One of the guys liked the backup machine and said how much. I said $800. 20 minutes later he was back from the ATM with the cash. :yesnod:

Hence the new backup machine specs below.

The two 8800gtx's are no longer folding for me.

LOL@sale, our loss.:)

I'll get something to replace the ppd loss eventually. (Too busy with work atm, to bother with it.)

For now i'll just slowly coast into the team lead over the next week or so. :yesnod:
PRO Level 5

PreviousNext

Return to Distributed Computing