A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Template

Template

Postby gries818 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:31 am

I'm planning on purchasing a template for a site that I'm working on (my own templates just won't suffice for this project). I found a template I like on "templatemonster.com" and I wanted to check here before I purchased to make sure that it is a good site and won't try and rip me off. Has anyone used it before?

This is the template I was thinking about purchasing: http://www.templatemonster.com/website- ... 1&tab=2412

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Re: Template

Postby kanaloa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:39 am

gries818 wrote:I'm planning on purchasing a template for a site that I'm working on (my own templates just won't suffice for this project). I found a template I like on "templatemonster.com" and I wanted to check here before I purchased to make sure that it is a good site and won't try and rip me off. Has anyone used it before?

This is the template I was thinking about purchasing: http://www.templatemonster.com/website- ... 1&tab=2412

All the template sites like that are similar in their packages. Some templates are pretty good - but they don't always give you all the PSD files you might like (so you'll have to recreate some graphics) and the code will likely need some tweaking.

One time I got one that had the photoshop ability to make a website - not sure who would want that when buying a template. I since have found it better to find something I like, and then code my own site from scratch. At least then I know ALL the code. :yesnod:
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby kd1966 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:44 am

I guess I just don't understand this at all................ why would anyone pay that much for a "TEMPLATE"?? I don't get it..... :-?
PRO PLATINUM

Postby kanaloa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:01 am

kd1966 wrote:I guess I just don't understand this at all................ why would anyone pay that much for a "TEMPLATE"?? I don't get it..... :-?

You must have looked only at the Unique Price. That guarantees the template cannot be sold to someone else AFTER you (those before you, oh well). But the regular template itself is much cheaper - price on the far left.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby kd1966 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:05 am

How can they guarantee that?? :-?
PRO PLATINUM

Postby kanaloa » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:15 am

They remove it from there site. But given how many smaller sites also sell these templates - honestly, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw em. :police
President

Postby kd1966 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:17 am

I guess that was what I was leaning towards............ how do you trust??
PRO PLATINUM

Postby gries818 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:15 am

kanaloa wrote:
gries818 wrote:I'm planning on purchasing a template for a site that I'm working on (my own templates just won't suffice for this project). I found a template I like on "templatemonster.com" and I wanted to check here before I purchased to make sure that it is a good site and won't try and rip me off. Has anyone used it before?

All the template sites like that are similar in their packages. Some templates are pretty good - but they don't always give you all the PSD files you might like (so you'll have to recreate some graphics) and the code will likely need some tweaking.

One time I got one that had the photoshop ability to make a website - not sure who would want that when buying a template. I since have found it better to find something I like, and then code my own site from scratch. At least then I know ALL the code. :yesnod:

Well sometimes that works for me, sometimes it doesn't. Right now, I'm having a bit of trouble designing a suitable site for this project but I think I've decided that when it comes down it, I just don't trust this site enough to buy from it it. And I wasn't ever considering purchasing the "unique" template :lol:

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts