A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

New flash features to the extreme!

New flash features to the extreme!

Postby coreyw2000 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:12 am

I was looking for a tweaking application for Vista, and I found TweakVI. I remember that program from a year or so ago. So I go to the website, and I find this (look on the top right corner) http://www.totalidea.com/index.php

It's an awesome example of how flash is really improving and making web pages more dynamic and user-friendly. I was in shock when I moved saw it in action... its a really smart way of using flash.
Be nice to nerds.... chances are you will end up working for one

<u><b>Current system</b></u>
ASUS M3A78-EMH HDMI
AMD Athlon X2 6000+ o/c'd at 3.2GHz
4GB (2x2GB) OCZ RAM
Integrated Radeon HD 3200 (HDMI out)
500GB SATA/360GB IDE HDD's
32" Sharp 1080p Monitor/TV
Vista RTM/Vista SP2 Beta/7 6801
PROfessional Member

Postby Cornflake » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:12 am

Yes I've seen that done on several websites, I must admit it's pretty slick.

However I'm not as big of a flash fan in general if something else can effectively do it. It can really lag up pages, and generally is very closed-source (For example, you can't just 'view page source' like you can with HTML), doesn't allow right-clicking to open links in new tabs or to view an image it uses, etc. Plus my no. 1 annoyance with flash - websites love to imbed media and video (like YouTube) so you can't download the video itself without knowing some tricks.

Plus I often archive pages for personal use (everyone knows how dynamic the internets is and how things get taken down in a flash), and it causes a whole host of problems when trying to do that.
PRO Level 15

Return to General Tech Chat