A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Idiots guide to vistabootpro anyone?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby tikka250 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 4:04 am

ok, ANOTHER update...

Went into Disk Management on Vista...

Disk 0 is my XP disk D:
Disk 1 Is my VISTA disk C:

So im guessing changing that rdisk value in boot.ini will do me no benefit.

ARRGGGGGHHHHHHH
PRO Level 2

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:51 am

A combination of SATA and IDE drives does cause issues, mostly because no matter what boot priority order one sets, the IDE drive shows up in disk management as Disk 0.

Try setting it as the first boot drive and then work from there, copy and placing the Vista boot system files (the folder Boot and file bootmgr) on the root of the XP drive and then run a startup repair from the Vista DVD.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby tikka250 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:31 am

Ok, problem solved, now dual booting with no known issues so far!!!!!!

Nothing annoys me more than when someone has a problem, solves it and never says what they did.

Well basically all i did was to put a fresh copy of the VISTA drive boot files (boot folder and bootmgr) as you said onto the root of my XP Drive then i rebooted, went into bios and set the XP drive (the IDE one) to boot first and woila! She's heppening..

MASSIVE thanks goes out to Gravity for all your help! MUCH appreciated thats for sure!
PRO Level 2

Postby Grav!ty » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:40 am

Thanks for the feedback tikka250. Glad you got that sorted out, and hope to see you around...not necessarily with problems but maybe to help others with theirs :yesnod:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby tikka250 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:14 am

shall do, i'll help out where i can..... if i can, lol
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to PRO Software