A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

EISA COnfiguration

EISA COnfiguration

Postby rushhour » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:43 am

Hi,

I have a EISA configuration on my laptop as a hidden partition, I have already created a recovery disk so I am in no need of this EISA Configuration, but What I would like to know is, is it safe for me to remove this EISA configuration now that I have a recovery disk and can I remove it using the command prompt?
PRO Level 2

Postby yeshuas » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:20 am

you can use a program called Diskpart from a command prompt http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... _setup.exe
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby rushhour » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:25 am

Thanks, but can you also confirm that I am able to delete this EISA Configuration because I have a recovery disk?

Thanks.
PRO Level 2

Postby JabbaPapa » Wed Aug 27, 2008 2:48 pm

The safeness of removing it or not would depend on whether or not it contains any boot data.

If the OS you have installed is Windows XP it should be safe ; if it is Windows Vista then removing that partition might in some cases require a reinstallation of Vista (note that this is faulty setup configuration on the part of the manufacturer, in such cases).

To be completely safe, you should have both the recovery disk, AND installation media of a clean copy of your Windows version (if Vista, then the Vista including SP1) in your possession before proceeding -- given that deleting this EISA partition may void your warranty.
PRO VETERAN

Return to Hardware and Customizing