A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

ok the time is here :) ... new rig setup ... need some ideas :)

Postby Absolute-Zero » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:34 pm

freeagent wrote:the rampage is a nice board,
Nice board, free! :yesnod:

I must say, I'm well impressed with my Asus Maximus Extreme board now I've given it time to bed in. I'm going to have to invest in some new HDDs, mine are creating some serious bottlenecking, but other than that it rocks! I moved away from Asus a few years back because other manufacturers seemed to be giving more bang for the buck but I'm glad I went back with them in my current rig!

Haven't played with any of the OC settings, yet, but I may be tempted!!
PROfessional Member

Postby freeagent » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:54 pm

thanks!
mine was giveing me some troubles yesterday, i thought it was just me dealing with a new board, and had to just familairise myself with its bios, and some new settings wich i have never seen before.. but nope! i was useing single sided ballistix pc8500, wich i guess the board doesnt seem to like heheh. the board was an open box deal, so no manual for me heheh :)

as for the ocing, i dont know what it is. i just cannot run my system at stock speeds. i get this dirty feeling.. like, when you feel so dirty, the hottest water isnt hot enough to scrub the dirtyness away.

:lol:
i7 970|Noctua NH-D14|Giga UD-5 Rev.1|6GB Adata 2000G|Asus GTX570|Auzentech Prelude|WD64GB SSD/1TB Black|TX850
PRO Level 18

Postby yeshuas » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:56 pm

freeagent wrote:the rampage is a nice board, i just got it yesterday. much nicer then my p35, wich was a godly board to me. the thing with p45 and x48 is, with p45 you are locked into and 8x/8x pcie config. with the rampage you get the full 16x/16x pcie capability. and yeshuas, your p5q is much better then your p5w, its light years ahead.

I thought my P5Q Deluxe would support 16X/16X, but after looking now, you are right. No wonder my scores aren't much better, if any with 2 EAH3650 cards than with just one. That sucks. I thought since it supported PCI-E 2.0 it would support 16X/16X
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:49 am

heh ... ya im just gonna spend what i would on 2 cards on 1 ...
ive decided to get the P45 maximus 2 board so hopefully it is awesome ... i should get it about wednesday or so and ill be glad to post some thoughts and OC on it whenever i get it :)

.....How can i soar with eagles when im surrounded by turkeys.....
PRO Level 13

Previous

Return to Hardware and Customizing