A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

NOD32 - Worth Resubscribing?

NOD32 - Worth Resubscribing?

Postby Synaptic » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Everyone,

At the risk of getting shouted down by fans of Kaspersky and NOD32, I was wondering whether I should be resubscribing to NOD32 when it expires in a few days.

The reason that I am asking is that my bank (Barclays) is offering free subscriptions of Kaspersky Internet Security 7 to its users (no demos - the full version). I have had NOD32 for many years, and have never once had a virus on any of my systems but now is time to upgrade.

How does Kaspersky compare to NOD32 in terms of Memory Footprint? My Uni also gives me a subscription to Symantec Antivirus Corporate, which as some of you may know, can use phenominal amounts of memory, whereas NOD32 doesn't.

If Kaspersky and NOD32 are basically the same in terms of memory footprint and effectiveness, then I'll take up the free lifetime subscription offer that Barclays is offering over paying for another few years of NOD32.

I'm comparing NOD32 Antivirus (not the Security Suite version), with the Kaspersky Internet Security 7 version. Both would be running on Vista.

Many thanks!
"Know this, you can cut me off from the civilized world, you can incarcerate me with two moronic cell mates, you can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you can not break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delievered from this feted and festering sewer." - Charles Emerson Winchester, III, M*A*S*H
PRO Level 11

Postby NT50 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:14 pm

Do not do the ISS. Any software that is a ISS will be a memory hog. That is why I do not recommend the new NOD32 ISS to my customers. Renew your NOD32 and keep on being happy. As they say, if it is not broke - don't fix it.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby EXTREMEoverclocker » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:08 pm

NT50 wrote:Do not do the ISS. Any software that is a ISS will be a memory hog. That is why I do not recommend the new NOD32 ISS to my customers. Renew your NOD32 and keep on being happy. As they say, if it is not broke - don't fix it.

yep all ISS are memory hogs ... its just too much stuff they try and squeeze in there ...

im with NT if its not broke dont fix it

.....How can i soar with eagles when im surrounded by turkeys.....
PRO Level 13

Postby Synaptic » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Cheers all, Looks like I'm going to be keeping NOD32 then!
"Know this, you can cut me off from the civilized world, you can incarcerate me with two moronic cell mates, you can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you can not break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delievered from this feted and festering sewer." - Charles Emerson Winchester, III, M*A*S*H
PRO Level 11

Postby NT50 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:57 pm

GREAT choice.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Return to Security & Virus