Internet Explorer 8

Postby Nativedude » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:50 pm

Oh awesome,
Thanks for posting that Dan
PRO Level 15

Postby shreader » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:44 am

That is hot Dan

I also want to thank you for posting that ^*^

I had to try out the WebSlices feature & saw that EBay offered that w/ IE8.

My good surfing buddy Larry just happens to be a pinball machine wizard & is selling a couple of Mods, 1- is closing in less than 1- hr.

Here is a screeny of the WebSlice feature in IE8 showing Larry's WebSlice @ Ebay. Note the tabs to the right of 'Favorites', those are the WebSlices I have up ATM.

Edit: There is no reload feature/button (in WebSlice) so the bidding cannot be viewed as it winds down. Have to open the webpage & update it there.
Software Director

Postby yeshuas » Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:09 pm

I downloaded and tried the IE8 beta, tried it for a few days. I had so many problems unless it was in IE 7 emulate mode I uninstalled it.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby phileysmiley » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:04 pm

Worth trying? I don't even use IE7 because it crashed anytime I tried to reduce tabs to two.
Media Director

Postby shreader » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 am

phileysmiley wrote:Worth trying? I don't even use IE7 because it crashed anytime I tried to reduce tabs to two.

Its not really that exciting Larry, only a few new things that I recall, ATM.

I didn't have any problems w/ it tho, but I never had any problems w/ IE7 either.
Software Director

Postby imnuts » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:06 am

When I still had Vista and IE8 on my PC, I kept having to put IE back into emulation mode to get it to display sites. I tried using it as IE8, but more often than not, I had to copy the link I was at, switch to emulation mode, and go back to browsing.
PRO SUPREME

Postby phileysmiley » Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:28 pm

Okay, thanks guys. Maybe OT, but what about FF3?
Media Director

Postby imnuts » Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:11 pm

I found a few sites that didn't work with FF3, but for the most part, things acted the same as FF2. The only thing that didn't work right for me that I tended to use more often was Windows Live Mail. I could use the light, html interface, but I couldn't use the full, ajaxed interface. Granted, everything still worked, but i liked the dynamic interface better. Overall, I had fewer issues with FF3 than with IE8
PRO SUPREME

Postby shreader » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:48 pm

I wonder if IE 8 will run on Windows 7 :question :yikes:

Alpha + Beta :lol:
Software Director

Postby Cornflake » Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:39 pm

Can anyone confirm whether APNG support (Animated PNGs) will be supported in IE8? I've done some web searching and last I heard it doesn't. I always wanted sigs with transparency (shadow, glow, etc) which could be done with PNG since, well, many years ago. I had to wait until IE7 came out to really use them because Firefox was one of the few browsers to support an alpha channel... and since a large portion of the web share was still using IE6 people mostly saw ugly gray borders.

IMO APNGs are awesome -- finally we have an animated image that supports full 24-bit color, that's backwards compatible with browsers who can only display static PNGs, and has full 256-level alpha channel (and not just 1-bit like GIFs). I've been waiting to have an alternative to GIFs for YEARS!

... However I'm sure IE8 won't support it, but that's not really a surprise. People rant about how IE doesn't need to support it because it's such an unused format but I disagree. Graphic design is one of my hobbies and I know for certain that people like me have been waiting for animated PNGs. It's just that no one uses them because Ie doesn't support them. Maybe when I'm on my death bead IE85 might just then support it :P
PRO Level 15

PreviousNext

Return to Alpha / Beta Software