A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Putting music on site

Putting music on site

Postby Sisco22 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:54 pm

Hey guys,

I have put music on this site and it only plays on the home page, how can i get it to play continuously while they click on other pages? Also, if anyone knows how to put a button with a speaker that they can click if they want the sound on or off?

Thanks!
Adam
PRO Level 14

Postby NT50 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:57 pm

I googled for

"play music continuous on website" found a many of sites.

for the on/off..... google showed <a href="http://www.hypergurl.com/music.html">this</a>
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby nightfire » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:54 pm

Well, whenever i see something like this it involves using flash and not having the page go anywhere at all. you may be able to run a special server side that could do this, but i've never heard of it, try google.
(Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 Mobo)(AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+)(3.5 GB high speed ram?)(EVGA Geforce 8800GTS)(500 GB and 1 TB Sata Drives)super high speed, 3COM 56k Modem!!
PRO Level 7

Postby NT50 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:30 am

There was a mention about a separate frame that stays open that actually plays the music.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby poisonbl » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:09 pm

NT50 wrote:There was a mention about a separate frame that stays open that actually plays the music.

That would be my first thought as well, if you absolutely MUST avoid actual old style frames (even though you can make them fairly seamless) maybe do your navigation, header, footer, music, etc all in one page, and then pull your content into a seamless iframe within that top level page ... but this has a potential to break in strange ways between browsers with the little i played with it.
PRO Level 10
Location: WVU -- Morgantown, WV. -- USA (TZ: -5 hrs GMT, -4 DST)

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts