A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Beware of a Virus/Spyware

Beware of a Virus/Spyware

Postby NT50 » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:49 am

Just wanted to drop a line that I have now for the first time run across a virus/spyware that pops a windows up that looks like NOD32 with the exception it does not have the clean/delete button highlighted. It will only allow you to click on a link to Microsoft Security Center.

I am playing with it now to see just what is going on with it and how it regens itself.

I will let youknow more when I figure out what it is called also...
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby NT50 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:03 am

OK

It is a newbie showing up in April.

<a href="http://www.prevx.com/filenames/X320480061843634927-X1/WMSDKNS.EXE.html">Here</a> is some information on it.

Folks this is a bad boy, it pop up windows look similar to NOD32 popup warning windows and also they have a very good looking popup that sports Windows Security windows......

It could have been prevented <b>IF</b> these people had kept there NOD32 up to date and did not let it expired. Now it is costing them more to fix it then it would have to renew the NOD32.

The problem was eliminated with NOD32 and CounterSpy
PROfessional Member

Postby ar1stotle » Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:07 am

I've run into that one before.... strangest thing lol. It looks exactly like a NOD32 virus notification window... but it's not!
PRO BRONZE

Postby NT50 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Yea they want you to click on a link that says something to the extent of You Need MS something something something to repair your computer. Needless to say, you don't really want to click on the link..........
PROfessional Member

Return to Security & Virus