A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

cannot disable driver signature

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:34 am

My SoundMax audio control panel is prevented from running by Windows Defender in 32-Bit Vista as well as Everest Ultimate. SoundMax comes with my motherboard and sound drivers from ASUS and Everest is not freeware. Can't think of any freeware off hand but maybe someone will.

Check out Software Explorer by going to Tools>Software Explorer on the menu in Windows Defender.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby ace-a-rue » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:56 pm

see, this where i am confused about windows defender...that program is only to stop malaware, spyware or programs that try to change critical settings...maybe your software is attempting that.

here is a quote from windows defender help section:

It's important to run antispyware software whenever you're using your computer. Spyware and other potentially unwanted software can try to install itself on your computer any time you connect to the Internet. It can also infect your computer when you install some programs using a CD, DVD, or other removable media. Potentially unwanted or malicious software can also be programmed to run at unexpected times, not just when it is installed.

Windows Defender offers three ways to help keep spyware and other potentially unwanted software from infecting your computer:

Real-time protection.Windows Defender alerts you when spyware or potentially unwanted software attempts to install itself or to run on your computer. It also alerts you when programs attempt to change important Windows settings.
PRO Level 2

Postby ace-a-rue » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:07 pm

ok...i powered up this AM and checked the driver enforcement and it was still disabled...the first update that i installed that was "OK": KB943302 (good)...that has to do with compatibility with a slew of third party software out there for install, like HDTach and HDTune...there is a real long list put out by MS under this update.

so...i added another update that had my interest which had to do with I/O of disk operations, coordination and transfer of files...this baby i installed this AM and then i shut down for 15 seconds just to make sure...i powered up and returned to windows desktop and UH-HA!:)...i lost the disabling of driver enforcement...so, here is the dastardly update (might be more) that blocks disabling of the driver enforcement: KB943899 (bad)...i will try the F8 key at the boot menu to select disabling driver enforcement...i believe that will work....be back in a few after confirming.

EDIT:...F8 still works with disabling driver enforcement...

i am off to recover my saved image ^*^ ...i will install the update that worked plus pick a new one to see what happens.
PRO Level 2

Postby ace-a-rue » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:31 pm

here are the updates that work so far without taking away disablement of vista64 driver enforcement:

942763 (although i uninstalled this since it caused me to have a system_service_exception [0x0000003b])
(windows defender update)

off to do more..cya! ^*^
PRO Level 2

Re: cannot disable driver signature

Postby th3m@n » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm running Vista x64 and attempted to install VistaBootPro today; it gave me the same warnings others have been complaining about and I am still not able to disable the driver signing. Vista is annoying...
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to PRO Software