A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

tmf3w3go.com

tmf3w3go.com

Postby ChristianM » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:44 pm

i got "tmf3w3go" also known "possible_outorun, autorun.inf", type of something in my USB and i can not delete or remove it. it disabled the "show hidden files and folder" option and infected on all partition, i tried several antivirus and spyware/malware removal software e.g norton, trendmicro,avg,adaware, but non was able to remove it. when i insert USB, an open dialogue box appears with a heading "program" but there is nothing inside. please help me how can i remove this?
PRO Level 2

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:18 pm

Download the trial version of NOD32 from www.eset.com install and update it and then insert your USB and run a full scan. NOD32 has an unbeaten record of catching all virus in the wild and if anything is going to get rid of an infection it will.

Please post back about the results. You may also want to hang in there a bit for some of the members who are experts at malware removal to give you their opinion.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

tmf3w3go

Postby ChristianM » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:34 am

thanks for the reply Grav!ty, eset is a nice security software, i scan my computer and USB both with eset and it showed me all the files that was in my hard drive which was came from my usb. unfortunately eset didn't clean or delete these files because it was not harmful in eset point of view or have no option to clean these file using eset. look i have no problem to format my hard drive and install a clean copy of vista or xp, the problem still is USB, what if "tmf3w3go" finds a room again on new vista or xp? i haven't receive any reply from anyone else hope some would have a solution of that! thanks. waiting for some solution.
PRO Level 2

problem solved

Postby ChristianM » Sat Feb 23, 2008 12:15 pm

after a long search i finally found a tiny tool called "flash disinfector" from the internet, flash disinfector not only clean my computer from "tmf3w3go" but also clean my USB as well in just around 20 seconds. but i still thank to "Grav!ty" who suggest me a great security software "eset" it's much better than those expensive and memory eating software like norton and trend micro and mcafee etc. thanks.
PRO Level 2

Return to Security & Virus