A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPro : Vista booting not working after HD upgrade

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VistaBootPro : Vista booting not working after HD upgrade

Postby sersan » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Hello,
first of all I would like to say that VBP is a very useful software. I have been using it for months.

Here is my problem :
I had a PATA drive with XP Professional SP2 on partition 1 (system) and Windows Vista Ultimate on partition 2.

On XP, partition 1 is C: and partition 2 is G:

I have installed VBP on Vista and used it from this OS to configure boot options.

Everything was working fine for months.

1 week ago I have decided to change my PATA drive for a SATA drive and have used XXXClone to transfer the content from PATA to

SATA. After that I have unplugged PATA and plugged SATA. XP is working well but when I try to boot Vista I receive a message about Winload.exe (missing or corrupt).

Just FYI, Bootmgr file and \Boot directory is on Partition 1 (XP).

I believe I should try to do a Bootloader reinstall but I am not shure about what options should be used.

My questions are :
1) There are other ways to fix this problem before trying a Bootloader reinstallation ?
2) If I have to do a Bootloader reinstall what options I shoud use in my case ?

Thanks in advance.
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software