A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Free hosting for life!

Postby imnuts » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:12 am

kanaloa wrote:But they aren't staffing their server room 24/7 for free, etc.

A few times today and I think last night, the server(s) went down for a little bit, and the person or people that are the admins there haven't really done much since before Christmas as I have 2 support tickets and someone else has one that haven't been touched and they were put in around the holiday time. Maybe this week they'll be reviewed and looked at. The parent company that is running all of this is basically self advertising (MOG Media) as I'm pretty sure they own the domain name company they refer people to, as well as a few other sites I've seen linked too there. Still, it is fairly decent thus far for being free. It will be a great way for me to try and build a website to make ad revenue from, and hopefully make it self supporting in time so that I can move it to a more dedicated solution with more reliable service and less restrictions.
PRO SUPREME

Postby imnuts » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:52 pm

Another update on the service. The people providing the service seem to have disappeared completely. I have had the 2 support tickets open for 2 weeks now, and others have had tickets open longer than me. The admin that used to be on the forums they setup there for help seems to have disappeared. I don't know if it is the same person that looks over support tickets or not. Either way, their support has definitely gone downhill really quickly and I would really like to have my to problems looked into. So, if you're looking at the service, just remember that it's free and hopefully you don't need anything looked at by the admin(s)
PRO SUPREME

Postby imnuts » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:51 am

Just a quick question/poll. How many people here are using this service? Mainly wondering cause I found a way to disable the links they put at the bottom of the page and would share if people wanted to know as well.
PRO SUPREME

Postby Xstream » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:57 am

I have 3 accounts, but arent actively using it, the tiny links dont bother me. I figure its the least I can do to repay them for hosting.
PROfessional Member

Postby imnuts » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:08 am

The thing that bothers me is that they added a ton of links to subsidiaries that MOGMedia controls and also changed the way that it's included in the pages now, so it can show up in more than just the footer of the page. An example was the Wordpress Dashboard homepage would have the links on it like 5-6 times, which was highly annoying. It also screwed with my page layout sometimes, so I wanted to try and get rid of it if possible.
PRO SUPREME

Postby Xstream » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:16 am

REALLY? I didnt know that, when I made the one site, it just had 1 tiny link. I might use it someday, so pm me the info! thanks.
PROfessional Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:30 am

Hey this is great !!

Thanks Jim ^*^ :notworthy
PRO VETERAN

Postby TV-VCR » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:49 am

Great find. I'm trying it out.

P.S.: Does anyone know how to install this on there? http://www.simplemachines.org/index.php
Intel D975XBX2, GeForce 8800GTX, 4GB (2 sticks) Memory, Core 2 Duo E6600, 3 SATA HDDs
PRO Level 7

Postby ar1stotle » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:12 am

TV-VCR wrote:Great find. I'm trying it out.

P.S.: Does anyone know how to install this on there? http://www.simplemachines.org/index.php

Upload the webinstall file to your root directory and then run the script from your browser.
PRO BRONZE

Postby imnuts » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:48 am

TV-VCR wrote:Great find. I'm trying it out.

check out the forums. Someone made a post on what needs to be done to make it work.
PRO SUPREME

PreviousNext

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts