A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Vista Boot Pro can't find Vista

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Vista Boot Pro can't find Vista

Postby TechVsLife » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:04 am

I get an error message that VistaBootPRO is unable to detect that Vista is installed. Rebuilding the BCD store did not make a difference. (Application name removed due to stolen code from PROnetworks) I only have one OS installed, Vista x64 ultimate.
Thanks.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:56 am

It does not constitue an alarm as long as you can boot to Vista. Basically, if the Vista drive is not marked as Active in Disk Management you will see this error.

Our next version is actually removing this check.
VP - Software

Postby TechVsLife » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:22 am

Thanks. The Vista OS volume is marked as active in Disk Management, but I still get this error.
btw, what on earth is this business about "stolen code"?
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:51 am

Someone stole some code from PROnet ...
PRO VETERAN

Postby jbullard » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:22 am

Not to go into a lot of detail here but we had an individual that worked for PRO at one point and upon termination due to a breach in contract stole the source code for VBP.

If you want the entire story you can find it here :yesnod:

But, I would not be worried about that error. The reason I say this is because the code being used to look for a specific file is not 100% accurate. The .NET framework can possibly return an invalid list of drive letters which is why some people experience this and others do not.

If you have no problem booting then I would say that is the case. But, if you want to find out if there is anything wrong you can post the contents of

VistaBootPRO -> View Settings -> All

here and I can tell you if there is anything to worry about.

HTH
VP - Software

Re: Vista Boot Pro can't find Vista

Postby Phoenix747 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:01 am

I have a vista drive where all of the contents are in tact, but i cannot fully boot to it. It tries to load after the spash screen, then blue screens and restarts. When i try to fix it either manually or auto, the vista cd cannot find the BCD store or entry. so i guess its either missing or corrupt. I have now slaved the vista hd in xp and have purchased VistaBootPro in an attempt to fix this issue. all of my files are still in tact, i guess i just need help assembling a proper BCD store and entry on the drive.

thanks
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software