A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How to become OEM Builder ?

How to become OEM Builder ?

Postby zefiris2K5 » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:54 am

I have planning to be an OEM builder but I'm quite blur about the requirement that I've need to meet. Can someone tell me briefly about these step?

That's including to enroll in Microsoft program, how to obtain the OPK for windows and etc....
Much that I bound, I could not free;
Muct that I freed returned to me....
PRO Level 2

Postby airwolf » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:09 pm

am the easyest way GO TO SCHOOL OF PROGAMING the hardest SEARCH FOR INFORMACION IN THE INTERNET LEARN ALL PROGRAMING LANGUAGES ETC...
Intel Duo Core 2.66 Ghz
2.0Gb of RAM
640 GB HDD
GeForce 8600GT [The GTS burned ;( ]
Proud Intel User
PRO Level 7

Postby ZeroByte » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:21 pm

First get a DBA or other business credentials. Most hardware manufacturers will not even talk to you unless you have a business.

Find out what hardware you will be using to build your PC's, then contact the various hardware manufacturers and work out the details. If you are going to be building 100's of PC's a year and can prove that to them you will get a better price which lower your cost, your customers and increase your profits.

If you're building 1 or 2 PC's a month then your better off buying parts from respectable web sites, like tiger direct or other technology sellers. Keep in mind though that you will not make much of a profit. It is very hard to compete with the pricing of Dell and other big PC sellers.

Now as far as Microsoft is concerned, and other software companies, they each have there own specific requirements for their OEM programs. Do a search on the specific manufacturer web sites for more info.
ZeroByte
PRO Level 15

Postby JabbaPapa » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:51 pm

It's actually not that hard, provided you have the know-how.

Your best bet to find out how, would be to attend a System Builders Conference/Summit

I have had the immense privilege of attending a couple of these as a gatecrasher once, as the token geek second time --- and IMHO your first investment should be to pay up and attend one with badge, rights, and everything

---

I can assure you that everyone there will be very straightforward, business-like, helpful, and will do everything they can for you :yesnod:

---

Get yourself a nice suit, some ties, immaculate shirts, casual wear just in case, plentiful cash, 100% secure cell phone and laptop capabilities, BUSINESS CARDS, PROTOTYPES, and et cetera ... and make sure that you already know the lingo before wading in ; us token geeks can get away with a heck of a lot more than any prospective OEM ever could...
PRO VETERAN

Postby zefiris2K5 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:05 pm

Thanks for the advice...
I will look around for more info....
Much that I bound, I could not free;
Muct that I freed returned to me....
PRO Level 2

Return to Guides