A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Free hosting for life!

Free hosting for life!

Postby Xstream » Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:21 pm

http://www.hostedwith.us/index.jsp

Just found this and signed up, only requires 1 small link back to them!

FREE 100GB Disk Space
PROfessional Member

Postby Xstream » Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:03 pm

works.
I just put a proxy site on there, as a test, but with their domain name, I will get my own.
http://jdawest.hostedwith.us/

their link at the bottom is tiny!! This is a super deal!!
PROfessional Member

Postby ar1stotle » Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:01 am

Hey, that does look nice. I'm happy with my current hosting, but for free that's not bad at all!
PRO BRONZE

Postby Nativedude » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:54 am

Wow, That does look pretty good
PRO Level 15

Postby imnuts » Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:12 am

They don't let you uploade rar or zip files :x At least I haven't found a way to do so yet. If i can do that, it will be a great deal.
PRO SUPREME

Postby imnuts » Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:26 pm

I got the zip/rar problem fixed, but they still don't allow anything greater than 512KB to be hosted, which really sucks given you have 100GB of free space. That really screws with pictures that I wanted to upload that I took. I basically have to resize everything and I have an older 4 megapixel camera. Where is anyone going to find a camera with fewer megapixels than that anymore? Granted, one can change the settings, but why would you take a picture with less detail when you can do that on your own later if you need to. Still, it isn't all that bad and I'll probably use it for a while, at least until I can find something better that isn't expensive.
PRO SUPREME

Postby imnuts » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:50 pm

Just for an update, for anyone that cares. The service is coming along nicely. I guess that it was very new when posted here as a lot has changed. The max filesize is now ~8MB and there are fewer filetype restrictions. I have found some PHP based stuff that I can't get to work (fopen/fwrite/fread) but I submitted a support ticket to hopefully get that resolved. Hopefully, as more and more people use the service, it will develop better and be suitable for anyone to use.
PRO SUPREME

Postby Xstream » Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:23 pm

thanks for the update, Myself and alot of other people complained about the file size, glad they changed it.
PROfessional Member

Postby kanaloa » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:30 pm

OK, I'll bite and ask. What's the catch in all this? Nothing's free... especially online. Their model looks like one that starts free and eventually something changes... they want ads on sites, or they'll charge. Netzero was a good example of this.

But they aren't staffing their server room 24/7 for free, etc.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Xstream » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:31 am

the only ad is a super tiny text link at the bottom. They have said they will eventually charge for new signups, but if you sign up for the free account now, you will always be free.
The only flaw I see is that you can only have 1 domain per account, you cannot have 2 domains on one account, but you can sign up for an unlimited number of accounts, I have 3.
PROfessional Member

Next

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts