A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Vista boot pro 3.3 Questions ??

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Vista boot pro 3.3 Questions ??

Postby pauljrog » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:45 am

Hi, i'm thinking about dual booting vista 32bit and vista 64bit on a SATA drive, and my second SATA drive will be my data drive.

I'm OK with making the partitions and installing the OS, but my questions are -

Which OS do i install the vista boot pro program ??

How do i use the vista boot program to install non signed drivers on vista 64 bit?

When i come to install the Vista boot pro Bootloader, which options do i choose?? (in the system bootloader window) (what is the Legacy boot loader??)

Also so you have any helpful advice to give me before i partition/install the OS's ????

Thankyou.

BTW, Great website/forum !!!
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:21 am

pauljrog,

Welcome to PROnetworks. :)

I can go ahead and answer your questions pretty quickly.

1. You can install VBP on both if you want to. Really does not matter.

2. In Advanced Settings you can select the 64-bit Vista entry and in the checkboxes select "Disable Vista Driver Signing". NOTE: There are Vista updates that will disable the use of this feature inside VBP.

3. You do not need to worry about the system bootloader since you are only installing Vista. If you were installing XP that would be a different story. However, a Legacy boot loader is the combination of NTLDR, NTDETECT, and boot.ini also known in XP, 2000, and a couple others.

4. The only advice I have is that I would install 32-bit first and then 64-bit as well as NOT using a partition manager. Only use the Vista setup utility to do this.

HTH
VP - Software

Postby pauljrog » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:35 am

Hi, thankyou for answering my questions.

So in the System bootloader window in VistabootPRO i don't need to install the Bootloader??

If i did what would be the options you would click on to then install the Bootloader ??

Thanks.
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:02 am

Not a problem.

You would want to click on Vista Bootloader, All Drives, and if you need to force the installation use the Force option. Normally, you don't need to do this unless you have problems with it not taking the first time.
VP - Software

Postby pauljrog » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:07 am

Thankyou very much for your help.
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software