A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

NOD32 New Versions.

NOD32 New Versions.

Postby NT50 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:56 pm

ESET NOD has released a new version of it antivirus and has now release it new Security suite software with anti-virus, firewall, and anti-spam.

To get more information on the two go to ESET website.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby NT50 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:05 pm

And they even have a version for 32 bit and 64 bit versions now.

A look at the interface below.

PROfessional Member

Postby ar1stotle » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:49 am

Hmmm.... is the 3.0 version of the AV only available with that suite? I just bought a 2-year subscription to the AV... has the 3.0 standalone AV just not been released yet? Is there an easy way to update my order to include the whole suite? Any discounts for current subscribers?

Edit: Nevermind, my eyes hurt really bad lol. I thought the downloads were grouped as AV and Suite, not new/old. Still though, seems like the price for the 2 year renewal went up $10 :( but at least I can dl 3.0. But any info on if a current subscriber can upgrade to the suite? Is the suite worth it?
PRO BRONZE

Postby NT50 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:41 pm

ar1stotle wrote:Hmmm.... is the 3.0 version of the AV only available with that suite? I just bought a 2-year subscription to the AV... has the 3.0 standalone AV just not been released yet? Is there an easy way to update my order to include the whole suite? Any discounts for current subscribers?

Edit: Nevermind, my eyes hurt really bad lol. I thought the downloads were grouped as AV and Suite, not new/old. Still though, seems like the price for the 2 year renewal went up $10 :( but at least I can dl 3.0. But any info on if a current subscriber can upgrade to the suite? Is the suite worth it?

Version 3 can be downloaded by entering your existing user name and password. The prices did not change as far as I know.

Version 3 to me seems a little harder to setup. If any of the NOD fans have ever setup an Enterprise edition they will be familiar with the setup interface under advance mode. The setup interface looks similar to the program used to configure the deployment configuration file for the Enterprise edition.
PROfessional Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:43 am

NT50 wrote:And they even have a version for 32 bit and 64 bit versions now.

Do you mean that it can run natively as 64-bit software, Jeff :question
PRO VETERAN

Postby NT50 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:44 pm

JabbaPapa wrote:

Not sure. They just have a 32 bit and a 64 bit now. It use to be one file for both but now it is two different downloads.
PROfessional Member

Postby Grav!ty » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:04 pm

NT50 wrote:
JabbaPapa wrote:

Not sure. They just have a 32 bit and a 64 bit now. It use to be one file for both but now it is two different downloads.

It does install in the Progam Files folder and not in the Program Files (x86) folder Julian.

That's usually a pretty good indicator that an app is true 64-bit :yesnod:

Actually, to elaborate a bit more, the NOD32 part of the "suite" installs to the Program Files (x86) folder and the Smart Security Suite part of the program into the Program Files folder :yesnod: It's all seamlessly incorporated into the same GUI though.

I'm quite impressed that the Beta still functions fully although beta testing has ended. The beta however does not update definitions...not too much of a train smash with NOD32/Eset though with it's ability to catch in the wild :yesnod: I have no option but to continue to use the Beta on XP x64 and WS03 x64 as the final is only available to buy on the 27th of November as far as I can make out.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby mnemonicj » Sun Nov 11, 2007 4:44 am

Do they still have the Administrator version of the software so you can make the config files and download the update files and push them out to your network? It used to be free with a purchase of more than one license.
PRO Level 15

Postby NT50 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:19 am

They have it and it is the Enterprise version, not the home version. You can still buy the Enterprise version for 2 seats or whatever.
PROfessional Member

Postby imnuts » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 pm

JabbaPapa wrote:

The GUI is native 64 bit while the scanning engine is emulated:

PRO SUPREME

Return to Security & Virus