A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Another Round of Phishing

Another Round of Phishing

Postby jbullard » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:03 pm

Well, I normally just disguard these and move on but this one was too good to pass up. First, they are doing much better when sending these as this email actually contains my name and is addressed to me. Well, at least my last name.

Guess I should tell him that if it is my relative then it is my money. :lol: I ain't gonna share it with him! :lol:

These guys need a new routine. :yesnod:

Hello Bullard,

My name is Mr. Bothwell Johnson, a Banker and accountant with our BANK here in Abidjan. I am the personal accounts manager to Engr.Richard Bullard, a National of your country, who used to work with an oil servicing company here in Cote Ivoire.My client, his wife, and their three children were involved in the ill fated Kenya Airways crash in the coasts of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all passengers on board died. Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives but has been unsuccessful.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet,to see if I could locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. Of particular interest is this huge deposit with our bank here in,where the deceased has an account valued at about ($16.5 million US dollars).They have issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or the bank will declare the account unservisable and thereby send the funds to the bank treasury.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over last 2 years now, I will seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this account valued at($16.5million US dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under all legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. In your reply mail, I want you to give me your full names, address, date of birth, telephone and fax numbers. If you can handle this with me, reach me now for more details.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation Bothwell Johnson

Only evidence you need to show this is fake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Airways_Flight_431
VP - Software

Postby kanaloa » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:13 pm

I usually also disregard these, but you're right... once they start using your name and stuff, that's when it's harder to ignore them. Kinda scary.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Grav!ty » Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:17 pm

then you and I can share the money...your honest cooperation...legitimate arrangement

:roflmao: :lol:

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Re: Another Round of Phishing

Postby TV-VCR » Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:48 pm

jbullard wrote:Well, I normally just disguard these and move on but this one was too good to pass up. First, they are doing much better when sending these as this email actually contains my name and is addressed to me. Well, at least my last name.

Guess I should tell him that if it is my relative then it is my money. :lol: I ain't gonna share it with him! :lol:

These guys need a new routine. :yesnod:

Hello Bullard,

My name is Mr. Bothwell Johnson, a Banker and accountant with our BANK here in Abidjan. I am the personal accounts manager to Engr.Richard Bullard, a National of your country, who used to work with an oil servicing company here in Cote Ivoire.My client, his wife, and their three children were involved in the ill fated Kenya Airways crash in the coasts of Abidjan in January 2000 in which all passengers on board died. Since then I have made several inquiries to your embassy to locate any of my clients extended relatives but has been unsuccessful.

After several unsuccessful attempts, I decided to trace his last name over the internet,to see if I could locate any member of his family hence I contacted you. Of particular interest is this huge deposit with our bank here in,where the deceased has an account valued at about ($16.5 million US dollars).They have issued me a notice to provide the next of kin or the bank will declare the account unservisable and thereby send the funds to the bank treasury.

Since I have been unsuccessful in locating the relatives for over last 2 years now, I will seek your consent to present you as the next of kin of the deceased since you have the same last names, so that the proceeds of this account valued at($16.5million US dollars) can be paid to you and then you and I can share the money.

All I require is your honest cooperation to enable us see this deal through. I guarantee that this will be executed under all legitimate arrangement that will protect you from any breach of the law. In your reply mail, I want you to give me your full names, address, date of birth, telephone and fax numbers. If you can handle this with me, reach me now for more details.

Thanks for your anticipated cooperation Bothwell Johnson

Only evidence you need to show this is fake:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenya_Airways_Flight_431

Email him back with the following:

"Yes, I would be glad to cooperate. Please follow the link enclosed which contains my credentials..."

Make the link go to a browser hijack site, and then imagine him clicking the link in that internet cafe in Nigeria... :uhhh
PRO Level 7

Return to Security & Virus