A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

cannot disable driver signature

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Postby jbullard » Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:30 am

Unfortunately our attempts have been unsuccessful. Microsoft did release a message saying that they were going to be removing the ability to do this within the Windows environment. This means that the only way to have this feature is either not to install those updates or restart and click on F8 and disable it there.

We will continue to look for options but as of right now it doesn't look like it is going to be possible.

HTH
VP - Software

Postby VEKARA » Tue Sep 04, 2007 10:28 am

What is the reason why Microsoft is doing this way.
Does this improve security on Vista or does microsoft get money this way.
Fastly thinking it might be more benefical to not have this requirement on
Vista X64 since it has much greater need for good drivers.
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:17 pm

The purpose here is to protect the Windows kernel from malware, to combat the recent proliferation of software drivers (that add unpredictable instability problems to Windows), and also to add an extra level of protection against small operators interfering with the Microsoft business model :roleeyes
PRO VETERAN

Postby VEKARA » Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:56 pm

Okey. But why just Vista X64 bit. I have alredy sent angry feedback to :-x Microsoft (like that would help) but it seems that it's impossible to me to get over this.

Edit by NT50
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:12 pm

IMO Microsoft has gone too far here, the move from 32- to 64- bit is hard enough to swallow withouit all this extra digital signature cr*ap-ola ...
PRO VETERAN

Postby Omego2K » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:18 am

It's pretty obvious why they are doing this. It's to let the music labels and DVD publishers to disable or manipulate drivers in case a pirated copy is attempted to be use without hackers/crackers distributing modded drivers to stop them.
PRO Level 2

Postby kataklysm01 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:37 pm

Same problem here with Mirror raid. I also have SP1 for Vista x64 installed. I have uninstalled the two KB mentionned earlier in this thread.

Still can't disable driver signing. This feature is really a pain. I'm almost regretting using x64.
PRO New Member

Postby ace-a-rue » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:58 pm

i installed boot pro last night in addition to doing a fresh install for vista64 in the 1st 80G partition and then XP-SP2 in a 2nd 80G partition (on a Areca Raid PCIe card).

i did not do any microsoft update downloads...i then opened boot pro and checked mark the disable vista driver signature check box.

i rebooted and opened coretemp 0.96 program which i know was not compatible with vista64...coretemp worked perfectly!

on a prior install of vista64 with MS updates installed, i tried disabling vista driver signature in boot pro but it would not work even though i uninstalled those two updates noted on page one of this thread: KB932596 & KB938979

i subsequently read (not here) that these two additional updates had to be removed in order to disable the driver signature for vista64: KB941649 & KB943078...uninstalling these updates did not permit boot pro to disable the vista driver signature either.

So..it appears, at least, once the first two updates (and possibly the other two) are downloaded and applied, you can not use boot pro to disable vista driver signature...on the other hand, F8 selection at the OS selection screen in DOS will still allow the user to disable vista driver signature, with all updates installed.

i also heard a rumor that SP1 will disable anyone from disabling driver signature even via the use of the F8 key.

i hope this helps the developers to come up with a fix for boot pro to disable vista driver signature even after installing/uninstalling those updates.
PRO Level 2

Postby JabbaPapa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:03 pm

ace-a-rue wrote:I also heard a rumor that SP1 will disable anyone from disabling driver signature even via the use of the F8 key.

This is NOT true :no

---

From a purely personal POV, I have had no issues since my last hardware upgrades with installing unsigned 64-bit hardware drivers from various sources, but of course people needing to use older unsigned software drivers and/or older x64-capable hardware might well have some remaining issues...
PRO VETERAN

Postby ace-a-rue » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:30 pm

JabbaPapa wrote:
ace-a-rue wrote:I also heard a rumor that SP1 will disable anyone from disabling driver signature even via the use of the F8 key.

This is NOT true :no

---

From a purely personal POV, I have had no issues since my last hardware upgrades with installing unsigned 64-bit hardware drivers from various sources, but of course people needing to use older unsigned software drivers and/or older x64-capable hardware might well have some remaining issues...
glad to hear that SP1 upgrade won't put a cabash on the driver signature disabling thingy :notworthy

i do have a lot of older stuff that i would LOVE to use in vista64. ^*^
PRO Level 2

PreviousNext

Return to PRO Software