A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Dream Machine

Postby Odinn » Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:34 pm

I had 50% of my dream machine, had it up and running then got tired of it and decided not to complete it but instead, wait for something better :lol: So in other words, my "dream" came to a fork in the road... Currently i have so many options of what to use in a system but the one thing i am waiting for most is R600. If R600 is a flop, i'll wait once more for "Nahalem" (hope it rings a bell). Until then, i'll sort of ride the computing trend with high-end speed instead of high-end graphics and not upgrade for a long while... This means no gaming for me anymore :(
tasklist /fi status eq not responding
PRO Level 17

Postby NT50 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:09 am

Curtybob wrote:
NT50 wrote:Hard drives.... I do not even want hard drives. I want a terabite on a ROM/RAM chips. Can you imagine the boot time if your storage and OS was on something similar to RAM chips. No hard drive, no spin time/access time.

Thay actually have PCI card based "drives" that use up to 4x 1GB sticks of DDR400 RAM. I think there was limitations other than hardware on what it could do though. That would be expensive now, considering that almost everybody is running short on DDR chips, and DDR memory is sky high. But it might be fun to play with...

I can't remember when or where I read the article but it mentioned something about 2010, there would be computer system with the OS on something similar to ROM. You would have to flash it to upgrade it or infect it. Programs and data would be on something similar to RAM but would not loose it memory when power down. Not only that the power up time would be about 2 seconds. It also mentioned about running out of memory would not happen. I can't remember the full article but it was real interesting.

Think about the damage you OCers could do with a machine purely chip driven :)
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby freeagent » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:45 am

i think the effect would be the same, in the end, you panic, and then panic some more after you realise how much money you just sent up in smoke.. and the get p***ed of a lil bit because you have to shell out teh coin to replace it, and a lil more if you dont want to make the same mistake again, and hope for a godly board, to use, and once old board is returned from rma, then it will be the backup. but it never works like that... you take more chances because you have a good board, a new board waiting to take the place of the godly board your 15 minutes away from sending to the great rma pool in the sky... its a vicious cycle :(
i7 970|Noctua NH-D14|Giga UD-5 Rev.1|6GB Adata 2000G|Asus GTX570|Auzentech Prelude|WD64GB SSD/1TB Black|TX850
PRO Level 18

Postby Infinityeye » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:21 pm

I think I would go for an MacBook Pro or something like an iMac. Just think of the fact that some people do not do a reboot for 30 days without problems (only leave the computer in hibernation/standby). I wouldn't try that with my current Windows installation. Anyway, their computers are looking great in my point of view, and are capable of running Windows XP.
Yes, I've used the Pro-Networks Album!
PROfessional Member

Postby yeshuas » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:37 pm

My dream computer would evolve into the next generation of CPU, Hard drive, Memory etc. and do it perpetually
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby Phoenix56 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:52 am

Can I submit my Dream Machine idea here ?

I wonder if this idea would pass with anybody and for the sake of argument, No one said it has to be BUILT like a computer thats designed like today.

I would like a CPU thats not limited to any type of limitations whatsoever, it should be constantly evolving like Plasma. For the hard drive, no such thing here! It should be designed like that of the CPU, constantly evolving. Display, HA, My eyes are my display, unlimited resoluation and color depth. Input devices, Well, lets say my hands and fingers do wonders.

Oh, and lets not forget that the OS is not designed by any company but by its user.

In other words, Replace my body parts with the above and give me a shelf life of 100 yrs.
PRO Level 2

Postby Stryker762 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:20 am

My Dream machine is almost coming to a head. I am just missing the memory, and it will be completed. I am rinning the following

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Asus P5B Deluxe
Radeon HD 2900 XT
4 250Gb Seagate Baracuda drives
right now I have 4Gb of generic memory installed, but am looking at G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel

I will have these sticks withen the month ^*^
-Kevin-
Thanks to Jack-Knife for the sig
PRO Level 12

Postby ~Robrowe~ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:05 am

:()
Just built one.
Lian Li 343B with two dual core AMD FX74s.
2X BFG 8800 GTS G92 in SLI
8GB patriot extreme ram.
4x Seagate 500GB Hdds in 2x raid0 arrays.
Completely WATER COOLED

Here are the first pics before adding second card in SLI, since then went to dual loops.

(deleted images turned into spam now)
PROfessional Member

Postby augie » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:39 pm

Take a look at the HP Blackbird! Man this is a thing of beauty both outside and inside. Sweet! :drool: Well, it's not as if want or need one but the inside looks just like a nuclear reactor or some such, everything's so well organized in there! However, I won't be taking out a mortgage for this one!

Link
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby c0ldfyr3 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:25 am

wow what a rip off.. lol

here is my dream machine. not really made for gaming, however it will outperform any and all End user PC's out there.... and some servers too.

<a href="http://www.sun.com/servers/highend/sunfire_e25k/specs.xml" target="new">E25K</a>
and of course i would want it to me fully maxed out.
PRO Level 15

PreviousNext

Return to Hardware and Customizing