A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

cannot disable driver signature

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

cannot disable driver signature

Postby sunnyd » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:49 am

Hi,
Installed vistabootpro 3.3 on vista ultimate 64 using raid.
Vista bootpro has detected no vista install or intall on hidden. drives

Pls help asap. to solve this problems.

Thanks
PRO New Member

Re: cannot disable driver signature

Postby shreader » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 pm

Hi sunnyd, welcome to PROnetworks ^*^

sunnyd wrote:Hi,
Installed vistabootpro 3.3 on vista ultimate 64 using raid.
Vista bootpro has detected no vista install or intall on hidden. drives

Pls help asap. to solve this problems.

Thanks

It sounds like you cannot even boot into Vista x64?

What driver are you trying to enable that is not signed, a decorated 32bit?
Software Director

Postby IsLNdbOi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:11 am

I'm having the same problem. I have Vista Ultimate x64. When I installed VistaBootPro. then I opened it or tried to choose an option in it, I got a message that said something like this:

VistaBootPRO has detected that Vista is either not installed or is installed on a hidden drive. You may experience minor problems using VistaBootPRO and/or making changes to your BCD Registry.

My Vista works just fine. VistaBootPRO however can't seem to find the OS I installed it in.
Last edited by IsLNdbOi on Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PRO Level 2

Postby Stukindaguy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:22 pm

Yeah, I'm using Vista Ultimate x64 and I get that same message (not to mention I'm running VBP from within Vista:

VistaBootPRO has detected that Vista is either not installed or is installed on a hidden drive. You may experience minor problems VistaBootPRO and/or making changes to you BCD Registry.

After I click OK though, everything seems to be working fine Vista shows up in the View Settings page and Manage OS Entries.

I am not dual booted within WinXP. I have GRUB installed to the MBR and am dual booting with Mandriva Linux. Is that error because it's not installed to the MBR and if I do edit it from within VBP, will it still apply the settings without rewriting bootmgr to the MBR
PRO Level 12

Postby IsLNdbOi » Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:21 pm

Can you VistaBootPRO developers please help us with this?
PRO Level 2

Postby rd » Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:24 pm

too bad -
i have the same problem also on a raid (mirroring) systsem. No solution ?
PRO New Member

Postby jbullard » Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:47 pm

Guys,

Please be patient as we do have the solution and are working out a couple of more errors other users are experiencing and including multi-language support. It shouldn't be too much longer on the next version which will correct all of these errors. I wish I could give you an exact date but the language translation does take some time. We are throwing around the idea of releasing it with the current languages that we have built and then providing a steady stream of updates.

Please bare with us as we mull this over and get the final touches on it.

Thanks for being patient and providing us with feedback. ^*^

Jason
VP - Software

Postby VEKARA » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 am

jbullard wrote:Guys,

Please be patient as we do have the solution and are working out a couple of more errors other users are experiencing and including multi-language support. It shouldn't be too much longer on the next version which will correct all of these errors. I wish I could give you an exact date but the language translation does take some time. We are throwing around the idea of releasing it with the current languages that we have built and then providing a steady stream of updates.

Jason

So you are working to disable driver signing on Vista 64?
That would realy be helpful. I'm really getting annoyed by the fact that
I have to F8 everytime I boot To use Ati tray tools.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:31 am

VEKARA wrote:

Jason

Uninstall these two updates from MS: KB 932596 and KB 938979. Restart your system and then go to Windows Update (right click Computer>Properties>Windows Update ), check for available updates and hide these two updates there so they are not auto installed again.

You'll find that you are then able to disable the driver signing requirements with VistaBootPRO again but of course you'll be without the benefit of those two updates.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby VEKARA » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:54 am

Grav!ty wrote:
VEKARA wrote:

Jason

Uninstall these two updates from MS: KB 932596 and KB 938979. Restart your system and then go to Windows Update (right click Computer>Properties>Windows Update ), check for available updates and hide these two updates there so they are not auto installed again.

You'll find that you are then able to disable the driver signing requirements with VistaBootPRO again but of course you'll be without the benefit of those two updates.
PRO New Member

Next

Return to PRO Software