A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

life imprisonment for using pirated software

Postby blodger14 » Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:30 am

Computerwiz2489 wrote:I'm all anti piracy but this is ridiculous. Piracy should be viewed no more or less than shoplifting, and even shoplifting crimes arn't this punishing.

i dunno, pirating is a hell of a lot easier and less risky than shoplifting

to be honest i don't see why people don't use programs like steam for not just games, but computer programs as well.
PRO Level 7

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:24 am

Actually on CNN they were doing a report on shoplifting. Most stores will ask that the item be returned and won't really persue the shoplifting case. Sometimes they let shoplifters go.

Pirating is just as risky due to IP Addresses and that goes especially for the ones who have reverse DNS.
PRO Level 15

Postby frenchsquared » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:46 pm

So it sounds like they are promoting murder. You walk in to compUSA shot the clerk and take abobe cs3.
You get 25 for murder, running with the 1 yr or probation. Thats better then life for downloading the program.

I would buy more software and more music if they let me do what i wanted with it. I am learning how to play with the registry and building my own computers. I only have vista on onw machine at one time. However, It takes me 4-5 hours to get it activated because I am always reinstalling the program. If i would have just downloaded it, I wouldn't spend hours on the phone. Same with music. Im not paying 15$ for a cd that I cant do anything with. I want to be able to convert to mp3 and put 250 songs on 1 cd. I tunes controls how may times you can copy the music and on how many machines. That means that every week i would have to repurchase 1,000 of songs. Or I can just download them whenever I need them. Years ago you bought a tape and you could do anything you wanted with it. So what happened. Normally, if I dont buy it is because i dont like the limitations on purchased software.

I must give adobe credit for the deactivation link. It makes life so much easier for the owners. I never half to call them.

On a side note: Software cost would probably go down if piracy went down
<a>FrenchSquared.com</a>

<a>F2-4Kids.com</a>
PRO Level 4

Postby Computerwiz2489 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:44 pm

Actually MS is getting pretty good when it comes to detecting fake OSes. You heard them, they're now gonna "black out" systems that are fake.
Plus, there are some pretty skilled coders out there. I know I wouldn't want to know what a fake OS would do with my credit card #.
PRO Level 15

Postby j0k3rk1ll3r » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:55 pm

Let us all send all of our "pirates" to Australia just like the British did!!!
MSI 785GTM-E45,Phenom x3 8750
seagate 160gb,400gb, 4GBxDDR2 800
On-Board Video (HD4200)
PRO Level 5

Postby kanaloa » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:19 pm

augie wrote:I guess they'd better get the dope dealers out early to make space for this horrendous 'crime'. Oh, let's build some new prisons to house the 'criminals'. Let's see if the MPAA/RIAA want to chip in for building new jails. I think not.

BTW, Gonzalez's rep is down the tubes, who cares at this point in siding with him, he's a political virus now.

That's basically the jist of it. How many ways can you say "out of control?"

I feel like I'm under a microscope these days, or being fed some propaganda to make me fear something. Sheesh.

I mean heck, I have no guilty conscious, and I break no laws... but enough if enough already.
"Greatness is not a function of circumstance. Greatness, it turns out, is largely a matter of conscious choice, and discipline." - Jim Collins
President

Postby Fhaar » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Could the developer of an OS get life imprisonment if their faulty software (that's legal) caused a death? Yeah right...
PRO Level 2

Previous

Return to Security & Virus