A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Microsoft Office Live

Microsoft Office Live

Postby Achilles » Wed May 23, 2007 1:02 pm

Not sure if this is the right area for this or not but anywho, I've been using Microsoft Office Live to host my website for a while now, but today found out that the beta phase is now ending. Thins is I want to keep the domain name that I have been using with it, but I don't want to use Office Live any more as it is quite expensive and I could get hosting and domain names much cheaper elsewhere, so, is there any way that I can transfer the domain name to another host. Or if I completely cancel my Office Live subscription, how long will it take for that domain name to become available elsewhere.

Any help would be much appreciated.... thanks guys!
PRO Level 8

Postby ZeroByte » Wed May 23, 2007 4:40 pm

If you are the administrative contact / owner of the domain name you would just need to initiate a domain name transfer with the new host.

Once started it takes 24 to 48 hours to complete. But remember you must be the one listed as the admin contact. Check the domain whois record at http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/index.jsp and make sure you are and that the information is correct.
ZeroByte
PRO Level 15

Postby imnuts » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:35 am

you can just downgrade your subscription to the free one, that's what i did. Unless you want to transfer hosting to somewhere else.
PRO SUPREME

Postby jbullard » Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 am

When you get really close to the free trial they will ask you what you want to do. I ended up cancelling mine as well cause it was not what they said it was. I then transferred my domain within 48 hours and had no problems with it.
VP - Software

Return to HTML, CSS, and Scripts