A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VBP 3.2 Advanced Settings

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

VBP 3.2 Advanced Settings

Postby obvious » Thu May 17, 2007 1:08 am

I cant seem to find documentation for the advanced settings in VBP

I've got 4GB of RAM under Vista32 and have enabled PAE but dont know what "Deduct Physical Memory" is all about.

I'm aware of 32bit addressing limits etc but am just trying to tweak it.

:S
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Thu May 17, 2007 2:35 am

"Deduct physical memory" does just exactly that. It has nothing to do with with changing PAE behavior.

If you are able to enable "Memory remapping" in your BIOS then you may get Windows 32-bit to recognize up to 3 GB or close to that, but not more as far as I know.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby obvious » Thu May 17, 2007 2:43 am

Grav!ty wrote:"Deduct physical memory" does just exactly that. It has nothing to do with with changing PAE behavior.

If you are able to enable "Memory remapping" in your BIOS then you may get Windows 32-bit to recognize up to 3 GB or close to that, but not more as far as I know.
Sorry, but if your going to deduct something then it helps to know what it's being deducted from. This is where I'm unclear.

Perhaps there's a small rodent that will go into my PC case and remove some physical memory if I enable this option?

Or perhaps it's meant to say "Deduce Physical Memory" in much the same way that Deep Thought deduced the existence of rice pudding?

Clearly too obvious for the likes of me though :S
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Thu May 17, 2007 3:04 am

No need to apologise obvious. You can safely leave the mice, deep thought and rice pudding out the equation though :lol: :lol: :lol:

You can read some more about "deducting memory" HERE

By the way, if you mouse over the text "Deduct Physical Memory (MB)" in VistaBootPRO 3.2 you'll see text appear in the status bar which indicates "This allows you to limit the amount of memory a Vista OS is allowed to use."

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby obvious » Thu May 17, 2007 3:11 am

Ah ok. That's great. Thanks :D

Guess who never mouse overed? I'll just nip off and shoot myself.
PRO New Member

Return to PRO Software