A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Post your Joost Bugs & experiences here

Postby NT50 » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 pm

I never did get mine to work till I did a Run As Administrator........
When I got it to work I got one video, nice pic. I was trying a longer one but it was taking forever on my 1.5 meg DSL line.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby shreader » Fri May 04, 2007 2:19 am

I fired it up tonight & it was very slow getting started, the fanatic i am at starting a app, i clicked on the shortcut probably 8x then decided to restart the PC... when i hit the restart (in XP x86) Joost started up... what-up with dat?

Since the PC didn't restart i went ahead & viewed the video where i left off the other night. Next it went onto a music video that stunk so i switched back to the surfing videos... They ran & sounded OK but not as good as on TV since they did flicker a little every minute or so.

Anyway here is a screeny... first of these I've seen

Oh ya, when Joost crashes the screen goes to your desktop & the app minimizes into the tool-bar by the clock. Clicking on that just exits the app.. so i had to restart it to continue w/ the videos
Software Director

Postby NT50 » Fri May 04, 2007 2:22 am

Mine did that every-time. I finally did a run as administrator and it worked.
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby Nativedude » Fri May 04, 2007 2:24 am

Yeah I've run into the errors before and it is extremely slow starting up
something I hope they will fix soon
It takes a long time for a video to load so I usually put it in standby after I've chosen the video and restore it in usually 30 mins
Excellent quality though

Have had some issues with the channel browsing and it occasionally says I got disconnected so I have to open the video back up
PRO Level 15

Postby shreader » Fri May 04, 2007 2:28 am

augie wrote:Maybe split off the trouble posts into a new thread? Getting cluttered.

Like start a real testing thread w/ impressions & experiences good/bad/mediocre?
Software Director

Postby yeshuas » Fri May 04, 2007 12:14 pm

I have Comcast and have tried it on 3 different computers I have yet to get a video or much of anything. all I get is Coming Next, but nothing ever comes, so, I went to the Joost Faq etc. and found this,
I can't see any video! What do I do?
I'm confident that Comcast is blocking joost. There are probably other ISPs doing this too.

I regularly use wireshark in my work in voip, so i did a "netstat -abno > netstat.txt" at the command line and used the find function to locate all of the port usage for "tvprunner.exe". Here's my resultant wireshark display filter:

"tcp.port==22289 || tcp.port==6430 || tcp.port==6319 || tcp.port==6320 || tcp.port==6321 || tcp.port==6322 || tcp.port==6333 || tcp.port==6431 || udp.port==22289 || udp.port==6345 || udp.port==6325"

I've got tons of chatter outbound, but virtually nothing inbound, except for periodic responses from 212.8.163.11 to my port 6333.

Though they eventually unblocked SIP (UDP 5060) for me, for a long time I had to use all sorts of tricks to get around the port blocking in order to work from home. I doubt they're gonna budge on this one though.

not being that well versed in messing with routers I hope someone can give me some direction here:
Last edited by yeshuas on Fri May 04, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Game Over!!!!!!!!
ASUS Maximus V Gene MB
Windows 8 X64; Windows 7 X64; Windows 7 X86
Intel I5-3570K
16GB Corsair Vengeance Ram
eVGA GeForce GTX 550 TI
Corsair GS700 PS
1TB Seagate SATA 6.0Gb HD
Thermaltake Case
Software Development

Postby Stryker762 » Fri May 04, 2007 6:59 pm

So Far, I have had none of the above issues. Loads very fast, great quality video, and I love the slick interface. If this takes off, and larger networks with better programming jump onboard, this could revolutionize the way that we watch shows. I love it!
-Kevin-
Thanks to Jack-Knife for the sig
PRO Level 12

Postby Nativedude » Sat May 05, 2007 3:45 am

It's been running extremely smooth for me today
Main thing I did was unblock UDP 33333 both outbound and inbound on the router
Problem is now I can only get it on the computer that I unblock the port for

Also tried it at work nothing either, I think inbound UDP 33333 is necessary for it to work properly
PRO Level 15

Postby jojo » Sat May 05, 2007 3:53 am

Well I got it working real good today, just nothing too interesting to watch,lol
Administrative

Postby shreader » Sat May 12, 2007 3:58 am

Tonight when starting up Joost i received a notice that i needed to upgrade the version i was running

I downloaded the new version 0.10.2 & ran the installer, it uninstalled the existing version & installed the new version quickly.
When done the Joost window popped-up & found something i hadn't seen yet, so i let it play.

It was a Mad Scientist creating a Robot Chicken (I think)

I am still having a steady sound problem, don't know if its Joost or the Creative drivers.
Software Director

Previous

Return to Alpha / Beta Software