A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Longhorn Server Beta 3 Version 3.1 works - Version 3.2 has problems

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Longhorn Server Beta 3 Version 3.1 works - Version 3.2 has problems

Postby wreichert » Fri May 04, 2007 10:50 pm

In the new Server Longhorn Beta 3, Logged on as Administrator, the Version 3.1 of Vista Boot Pro works perfectly. However Version 3.2 will install, but will not run.

Message is that you need Administrative Privileges - right-click and choose from the menu, Run as Administrator.

Doing this does does not help. I Disabled User Account Control - even went into Security Options of the Local Security Policy and made sure, for User Account Control, all settings were at the least Secure. Checked User Rights and Permissions and Administrator has everything he needs!!!!

Did a Side by Side install - 3.1 works perfectly, 3.2 will not run, coming up with the message as above.
PRO New Member

Postby Grav!ty » Fri May 04, 2007 11:35 pm

Thank you for your feedback wreichert, it's much appreciated as the more input we get the better we can work to resolve problems. We are aware of some issues with Limited accounts and even Administrator accounts on some system configurations and are working on a solution.

For insterest sake, it runs perfectly for me on LH Server Beta 3 on both systems in my signature.

I'm sure we'll sort these problems out shortly, so please stay tuned and check for updates frequently.

I'm going to move your post to the PROnet Developed Software forum so that our programmers are more likely to pick it up and respond too.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Return to PRO Software