A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

VistaBootPRO: What would you like it to be able to do?

Forum rules
This forum is meant for support of PRO Software only. PROnetworks reserves the right to edit any topic title to better explain the contents of a post. We also may move your post to a more suitable forum if necessary.

It may take our support staff up to 24 hours to respond to your problem. We appreciate your patience.

Detect and warn if the Vista boot drive is not in the BIOS boot device list

Postby sgillbee » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:20 pm

It turns out that one of the common boot problems (cannot find \Windows\System32\Winload.exe) can be due to the Vista boot drive not being in the BIOS boot list.

This is a cross-post from http://www.pro-networks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=687520
Simon
PRO New Member

Postby bayXSonic » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:38 am

I wish a portable version of VistaBottPro
http://portableapps.com/about/what_is_a_portable_app

.NET libraries can be included in VBP directory so I can use it on WinPE :()

Come on! :drool:
PRO New Member

Postby Blake05 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:10 am

A really needed feature for this application is the ability to repair the ntldr, from inside vista. It can be done; and there are a ton of people out there needing a solution for this.

click here

Blake
-Blake Niemyjski
PRO New Member

Postby gries818 » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:44 am

bayXSonic wrote:I wish a portable version of VistaBottPro

That would be nice however I think portable apps is more geered to opensource software.

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby jbullard » Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:28 am

Blake05,

That ability will be added as well as many other features. Currently we are working on adding many abilities to VBP which will allow the user even more control over their system. We will keep everyone updated on the progress of this.

bayXSonic,

Per your request and many others we are working on a version that will be compatible with WinPE. We always appreciate your comments and feature requests and look forward to discovering new ideas and better ways to serve our members.

If you have additional feature requests or comments please let us know.

Thanks,
Jason
VP - Software

Postby bayXSonic » Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:19 pm

bayXSonic wrote:I wish a portable version of VistaBottPro

LOOK THIS!!!
http://www.xenocode.com/Products/Postbuild/

Run your application on any Windows PC
Native x86 executable generation allows your .NET application to run anywhere, with or without the Framework. Embed application-specific .NET and DirectX dependencies.
PRO New Member

Postby drsims2 » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:51 pm

I have windows xp pro on a seperate hard drive from vista and can not
get any info on how to dual boot.
It works if I go into cmos and boot xp there .
how can I get it to boot in the boot gui screen.
PRO New Member

Postby Tordenflesk » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:09 pm

I vould like to be able to select what drive's Boot-sector I'm modifying. I've installed XP and Vista on seperate partitions on a S-ATA drive, witch my BIOS sees on a "secondary" controller. Therefore the new Boot-sector gets written to my old IDE-drive if i try to do it with VistaBootPRO. I want to boot from my S-ATA. This is not a problem when installing the OS's though, since i then remove all other drives but the on I'm installing to. This i can't do while Windows is running :P
PRO New Member

Boto Drive Moving

Postby excalibur14 » Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:43 pm

Hi,

I would like the ability to move the boot files from one drive to another.

I currently have XP on one drive and Vista on another. When I am in Vista the drive letter for XP is D:, when I am in XP the drive letter for Vista is Q:.

I have my a partition on the first drive that holds all my documents, Desktop, Favourites & standard programs etc... This is asigned a letter of D: in XP and E: in Vista.

This means that if I want to use the same desktop in Vista all the shortcuts point to the wrong drive D:, which in fact is the boot drive for XP.

When I use the Disk Manager in Vista and try to rename change the drive letter for my XP Drive (From D: to Q; - So that I can assign the letter D: to my documents drive) I get an error that I cannot change it because it is the boot drive for the other OS.

Phew!!! I hope that made sense. Sounded confusing even when I was writing it. :shocked: :shocked:

What I would like is to keep the drive letters the same whether I am in XP or Vista. Maybe an option to move the boot files from drive to drive, or make Vista think that I can re-assign the D: drive to somewhere else.

E
PRO New Member

Postby Tordenflesk » Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:46 am

excalibur14: That's just not possible, because the running OS will always assign itself as the first "disk"(C: ) and then asign drive-letters after that.
PRO New Member

PreviousNext

Return to PRO Software