A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Can't dual boot XP w/Vista preinstalled

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby e to the x » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:28 pm

I've never tried it with a flash drive. I think XP automatically looks at the Floppy drive and you can't change that.

I'm still confused as to how you have a RAID array with only one physical drive in the machine. Redundant Array of Independent Disks...Disks being the key word there. Are you absolutely sure you only have 1 hard drive in the machine?

I'm off break now so my usefulness has come to and end for now. hoepfully someone can pick up where I left off. Goodluck!
~Main Rig~
Phenom II X6
GA-870a-UD3
8 GB Corsair DDR3-1333
eVGA 9800GT
WD Black 500 GB
WD Black 1 TB
WD Green 1 TB
Seagate 250 GB
W7 x64
~Audio Stream Rig~
Athlon XP 2000+
MSI Motherboard
1 GB DDR-400
SoundBlaster Audigy2
160 GB HDD
WinXP
PROfessional Member

Postby groovysoul » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:23 pm

Yes, as far as I can see there is only one listed in the specs for the computer. I can't see why HP would list it as a 350GB hard drive and have it be 2 drives. I haven't opened it up though. Would the bios change itself if you add an external drive? I see RAID drivers in the recovery portion, so I'm guessing that's just the mode it works in. Now to figure out a way to access those without a floppy.

I hope someone can help, thanks for all of yours.

J
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems