A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Where's the SATA driver for the ASUS A8V Deluxe. (SOLVED)

Postby ClickCardo » Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:18 pm

Intellix

That's just the kind of info I was looking for. I'll do my install in the near future and post my results in this thread.

Thanks
PRO Level 3

Postby ClickCardo » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:52 pm

Well everybody who was well intentioned, but did not seem to install with the EXACT setup I described, I just went and installed Vista Home Premium OEM on my pc. It went swimmingly almost as everybody described. Unfortunately, as I was afraid, it did not see the single SATA on the Promise SATA controller which was in SATA IDE mode. I put Vista on the single VIA controller and that worked as everybody described.

Under Device Manager I see under Other Devices two RAID Controllers with yellow question marks. Under Properties they are both on bus 0, but different device numbers. Are one of these my Promise controller? Can anybody tell me for sure this time what I should do to load which driver, and if it is even possible, to get access to my Promise SATA drive in IDE mode? How about in any mode? I'd just rather not have to open the box and move it to the VIA controller.

Thanks.
PRO Level 3

Postby NT50 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:51 am

Have you run update manager?
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby ClickCardo » Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:47 pm

NT50 wrote:Have you run update manager?

Thanks for the reply NT50.

I'm not really sure what "update manager" is yet. I'll try Help'ing it next time I'm on that box. But in the mean time can you elaborate and how, if any, interaction would it have with the XP SATA driver floppy (since there is no Vista driver)?

Thanks
PRO Level 3

Postby NT50 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:28 pm

Windows Update
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:32 am

For the Via : it should load automatically during setup :yesnod: EDIT : I see that it did ^*^

For the Promise : if you make the normal drivers floppy, then extract the contents of the 378RAID\Win2003 folder into the ROOT of a second floppy, Vista should be able to load them.

If not, then you should search the web for tweaked drivers that exist, and are Vista-compatible, and perform the same procedure.

NOTE : these drivers available online are tweakware not hackware, as it appears that Promise modified these drivers AFTER getting them properly digitally signed by Microsoft :roleeyes

---

hmmm, on another forum, someone has suggested that drivers are included in RTM, but do not install automatically -- they are apparently in a "promise technology" folder somewhere in there (am rebuilding my multiboot config, so cannot check this right now) --- I will DEFINITELY be looking for these ^*^
PRO VETERAN

Postby ClickCardo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:09 pm

JabbaPappa

You fixed my problem. Why didn't I think of using the Windows 2003 drivers instead of the Windows XP ones? It works perfectly now and I did not even have to open my case.

Thank you very much.
PRO Level 3

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:54 pm

^*^ :yahoo:
PRO VETERAN

Re: Where's the SATA driver for the ASUS A8V Deluxe. (SOLVED)

Postby Zoull » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Hey if someone is still watching this thread I was wondering if someone could help me with the windows XP drivers or direct me to where I can get help?
PRO New Member

Previous

Return to General Windows Support