A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Install XP for Dual Boot with Pre-installed Vista not working

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Not able to install XP after creating partition & rebooting 2x

Postby bultemei » Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:45 am

I've made the partitions & rebooted twice. I'm stuck trying to install XP. When I select to boot from CD at startup--nothing happens. When I run the setup inside VISTA the "Install Windows XP" is greyed out (unselectable) on the welcome screen. Any ideas?

The directions are so clean, nice job--just don't know why my machine is being stubborn.
PRO New Member

Postby kd1966 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:05 pm

Hello and welcome to PROnetworks! I moved your topic into its own thread to get the attention it needs; for future issues, please create your own thread in the appropriate area, that way more users will see your issue and potentially solve it faster. Enjoy the site!
PRO PLATINUM

Re: Not able to install XP after creating partition & rebooting 2x

Postby mintt2 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:49 pm

bultemei wrote:When I select to boot from CD at startup--nothing happens.

did u get the msg "Press any key to boot from CD...." and then nothing happend or no msg at all?

my friend have an acer laptop which dvd drive very selective in reading the cd/dvd.
he end up borrow my external usb dvdrw drive to install xp.
PRO Level 3

Re: Not able to install XP after creating partition & rebooting 2x

Postby bultemei » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:48 pm

mintt2 wrote:
bultemei wrote:When I select to boot from CD at startup--nothing happens.

did u get the msg "Press any key to boot from CD...." and then nothing happend or no msg at all?

Yes, I selected to boot from CD. I think my CD is not bootable.
PRO New Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems