A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Another request for help with dual-boot

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby kd1966 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:30 am

Probably best in your case to avoid images altogether if you're going to be moving them around to different partitions making things harder for yourself. Boot the XP CD and install to the 2nd HDD, then install VistaBootPRO and REINSTALL the Vista bootloader. Then reinstall your programs
PRO PLATINUM

Postby Hapkido » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 am

THANKS.. sounds like the only right thing to do. I only need to be able to use the printer and one application "Epson PrintCD" in XP, which is why I wanted to install it again in the first place. There are no Vista compatible drivers for my Epson Stylus Photo R200 other than the generic ones that came with Vista although the XP drivers do have a few extra features missing, although they too are truncated. But PrintCD is totally incompatible in Vista and Epson has no idea when/if it is going to be updated. All this just to be able to print CD/DVD media. It's not Vista's fault by any stretch... but rather the burden rests upon Epson which has been dragging its feet like some other hardware suppliers.

Again, I do appreciate all the time taken to try and resolve my petty problem. You guys/gals have been great.
PRO Level 3

Postby NT50 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:12 pm

What is the status of your problem Hapkido?
Dogs Have Owners; Cats Have Staff
PROfessional Member

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems