A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

How much O.S. in Multiboot can we have?

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

How much O.S. in Multiboot can we have?

Postby mrltd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:09 pm

Hi, Pro
How much o.s. can we install in a hdd (with the new o.s. Vista).

Can we install 2 win xp pro and 1 Vista, or 1 xp pro and 2 Vista, and what is the procedure?

if it is possible what is the sequence?javascript:emoticon(':drool:')
drool

I've installed with your help 1 xp after 1 vista, but now i have another hdd so i have a lots of GB, so i want create a hdd with 3 partitions with one of the above situation.
PRO New Member

Postby The Phoenix » Mon Feb 12, 2007 10:12 pm

This is entirly possible, there are users at PROnetworks that have dual boot machines with copies of every OS installed right from Win 95 forward.
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Postby kd1966 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:42 pm

The procedure is "Oldest to newest", meaninig the OS, and you simply create the HDD space for the partition, format the partition using XP's Disk Mgmt, and then you can just boot the OS CD/DVD and go from there, or initiate the install from within Windows.
PRO PLATINUM

Re: HOW MUCH O.S. IN MULTIBOOT CAN WE HAVE?

Postby augie » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:41 am

mrltd wrote:Hi, Pro
How much o.s. can we install in a hdd (with the new o.s. Vista).

Can we install 2 win xp pro and 1 Vista, or 1 xp pro and 2 Vista, and what is the procedure?

if it is possible what is the sequence?javascript:emoticon(':drool:')
drool

I've installed with your help 1 xp after 1 vista, but now i have another hdd so i have a lots of GB, so i want create a hdd with 3 partitions with one of the above situation.

You can have as many OSs as you have space for. I've seen people with 60 or so but you really have to know your stuff.
Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves. -- Carl Jung

eVGA X58 tri-SLI, i7 930 @ 3.8GHz., Corsair 6GB Dominator, Inno3D GTX470, eVGA260
ASUS P8P67 Pro, i7 2600K @4.60 GHz, 8GB RAM, eVGA GTX 460
Community Director

Postby mrltd » Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:18 pm

The Phoenix, kd1966 and augie
Thank you for your informations.

That mean with Vista too You can create more than 2 boot system. Is it true? (I was in trouble because in every topic i read people talking about only two o.s. Xp and Vista but not 3 or more, and that if with only 2 o.s. we had problems - for ours no pro experience - with 3 or more we will have problem multiplied).

But if you kd1966 say that we can use the old method "Oldest to newest" even with vista i will try and i will tell you.
By for now and thank you again to all.
PRO New Member

Return to Windows Boot Problems