A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Dual Boot Password

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Postby thelazya » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:40 pm

OK, Thanks Jamie, I can now get back into XP Pro, But now I can't get into my account, just the administator account, which is brand new. I have no email messages and I can not log in as a user. When I click on User Accounts, I get script error and it locks up.
PRO New Member

Postby The Phoenix » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:22 pm

OK, go to START, RUN (if run is not there add it using the Start Menu Properties section)

enter the cmd MMC

go to File, Add/Remove Snap-In

Scroll the list and look for Computer Management, add it and ok the prompts, then drop down the list to see the different branches and find the one labelled Users & Groups, in there is a list off all users on your machine, right click your username you could not use and you can do stuff in there such as reset the password and such.

The only problem is that the problems you have experienced so far and even in getting in to the user accounts screen that was your last try makes me think you have some corrupt files and personallY I would have reinstalled by now, but try my method and see if it helps.

If you do need to wipe XP and start again and you don't want to have to reinstall Vista again afresh then you can do this, we will point you in the right direction if necessary.
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Previous

Return to Windows Boot Problems