A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Dual boot XP/Vista success

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Dual boot XP/Vista success

Postby beebobby » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:42 pm

Using the instructions from" unplugged drive" topic below, my dual boot system works like a champ. My only problem (minor) is when I'm booted into XP, I can't access the files on the Vista HD. In Vista, I can access the XP HD. Anyway, thanks again. Vista BootPro rocks!
PRO New Member

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:47 pm

Hey congrats !! ^*^

For shared dual-boot access to files, it is recommended to create a separate storage volume that both Windows versions can freely access :yesnod:

If you can post a screenshot of your current hard drives config, from the Disk Management utility, I'm sure someone here will be able to advise you on the best strategy to acheive this goal ;)
PRO VETERAN

Postby kd1966 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:38 pm

Definately post a screenshot of your XP disk mgmt.................. If I had to guess, I would say your Vista drive does not have a drive letter assigned while in XP, and you simply do that in the XP Disk mgmt by right clicking on the Vista partition and use the "Change drive letters and paths" selection
PRO PLATINUM

Return to Windows Boot Problems