A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

Windows Vista & Windows XP Configuration Problem T_T

Forum rules
Please start your own topic for support with problems you experience. Even if it appears to be exactly the same as someone else's problem, system configurations differ significantly. Thank you.

It may take our support staff between 24-48 hours to respond to your problem. We are a small business and strive to answer your questions as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

Windows Vista & Windows XP Configuration Problem T_T

Postby H0unter » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:39 pm

Hello again!!!!

yesterday ive installed Win Xp and vista with ur help :P^thanks again!!

But there is a problem!!

My vista was working fine , but since ive installed XP Vista start in 800x600 mode :S!! ive change to 1200x 1024 but when ive restart my pc and star vista , always in in 800*600 :S!!

XP have the same problem T_T!!

Whay can be wrong??
Ive reinstalled my Drivers alot of times T_T!!

Thanks for your time again!!!!
PRO Level 2

Postby kd1966 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:04 am

Tell us about your sysem and video card/driver settings...... as well as your Vista install
PRO PLATINUM

Postby H0unter » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:08 am

kd1966 wrote:Tell us about your sysem and video card/driver settings...... as well as your Vista install

Hello!!

I have a Nvidia geforce2 MX400!!(64 MB)

1 Gb Ram
Amd Athlon XP 2000+
250 GB HDD

Thanks alot!!
PRO Level 2

Postby Grav!ty » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:43 am

Generally Vista needs a minimum 128 MB DirectX 9c GPU. Go into your BIOS and see if you can increase your video aperture size to at least 128 MB. Perhaps that will help.

"The great majority of mankind are satisfied with appearances, as though they were realities, and are often more influenced by the things that seem than by those that are." - Niccolo Machiavelli
PROfessional Member

Postby The Phoenix » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:22 am

Grav!ty is correct, the graphics card you have may struggle with Vista and as such Vista is reducing your settings so you don't break it, you may also find you don't get the new Aero Interface with that card.
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Postby JabbaPapa » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:29 pm

Sounds like a corrupted installation.

Ideally, you should install XP first, Vista later.

Can you please provide some more details about your hard drives / partitioning setup, so that we can perhaps propose a better dual boot installation scenario ?
PRO VETERAN

Postby H0unter » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:50 pm

Hello!

My vista was working without problems with this video card , but when installed XP the configuration problem appear!!

My HDD configuration is :

C:----->116 GB (here is Windows Vista).
D:----->105 GB (Only my Files like music).
E:------>10 GB (Here is Windows XP).

Ive installed Vistar First , after ive installed XP , i resolved the boot problem with your software.

Can u help me please how to fix the screen configuration errors? PZL!!!!!

Thanks a lot !!
PRO Level 2

Postby JabbaPapa » Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:47 pm

Did you use a third-party partitioning tool to create these volumes ?

It does sound awfully like Vista is using XP drivers instead of native Vista ones ...

Which drive is the System drive ?
PRO VETERAN

Postby H0unter » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:14 am

JabbaPapa wrote:Did you use a third-party partitioning tool to create these volumes ?

It does sound awfully like Vista is using XP drivers instead of native Vista ones ...

Which drive is the System drive ?

Thanks for your anwser!

Ive use particion magic to make the particions .
And ive installed my card driver for XP(from my Card Cd ) and vista intalled automatic his drivers , ive tried to install new driver for vista from nvidia website , but there isnt any driver for my video card, ive tried to install fdriver from my video card Cd drivers but nohtings happens ,

Thanks!!

PSD: sorry my bad english im peruvian T_T!
PRO Level 2

Postby JabbaPapa » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:59 am

Oh OK, you have installed XP graphics drivers in a Vista environment --- this explains the limitations in your graphics. XP graphics drivers are NOT fully compatible with Vista :no

What graphics card do you have BTW ?

You may wish to consider installing Vista Home Basic edition if your card does not support Aero, as it remains likely that out-of-the box drivers will let you run the Vista Basic desktop theme, and this edition of Vista will likely be best for your hardware.

In the meantime, you can try uninstalling the XP video drivers, then let Vista automatically reinstall its own native drivers.
PRO VETERAN

Next

Return to Windows Boot Problems