A Digital Age Deserves A Digital Leader

i just got hacked

i just got hacked

Postby Wolf56 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 11:19 am

ok some guy from egypt named mohamad hacked my account through a email, he changed my info in a matter of minutes, and i dont know if he could have gotten any useful information im a 17 yr old student, but im the master control for our msn subscription, does anyone know if he could have gotten my moms credit card info or anything like that, and does anyone know how i could prevent him from doing it again, even if im reinstalling a windows id rather be safe then sorry

more details on how it happened, i got a randon email, and next thing u know msn messenger says ive signed in on another computer, and msn closes, i try to sign in and it says passwords incorrect, and i freaked out, then i went onto my alternate msn email and just so happens i added myself a week ago for reasons like this, and msged my email normally and then i asked him what he was doing on my email, and then we talked for a while, and i convinced him to change my password back, i think he did it cuz he found out he cant get nothing from me, but he was nice about it, and added me on msn messenger, im kinda scared to delete him though cuz i dont know fully what info he got yet, but yeah he says he can hack any email out there... i dont believe him, and im gonna take more precautions from now on, ive already thought of a hard password to remember and im going with it (his emails a1s@hotmail.com) he used a different email something like babyphat@hotmail.com to send the hack
real sig will come soon till then its just me saying that i will have real sig soon.
PRO Level 3

Postby The Phoenix » Wed Dec 27, 2006 12:30 pm

Report him to Microsoft would be your best bet
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Postby gries818 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:13 pm

call your credit card company and tell them what happened. they will be happy to send you a new credit card (with a new number)

Mac OS 10.6.7 - Personal
Ubuntu Server 11.04 - Server
Software Development

Postby Wolf56 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:21 pm

yeah, my grandma pays for the credit card, but all he coulda seen was the last 4 digits, i dont think he can do anything with that, but ima calll her and have her monitor her credit card, or alert her credit card company, also i emailed msn about it and they said basically stupid stuff that was obvious, they said to change my password, b4 my pass was a weak strength one now its a strong one, its 14 characters long now lol and i downloaded comodo firewall just cuz i need a firewall thx pro-networks
real sig will come soon till then its just me saying that i will have real sig soon.
PRO Level 3

Postby McBlzr » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:39 pm

I use Zone Alarm for my firewall. What version of Windows were you running when you were hacked?
ImageImageImageImage

Doc says "Back to The Future" with Windows Vista (LongHorn)!!!
Doc says "The Future isn't written Yet" with WINDOWS 7
PRO Level 7

Postby The Phoenix » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:49 am

You were not running a firewall ? Oopps, that won't have helped matters but at least you fixed it, make sure you are running some AV Software as well, I know it seems obvious but some people don't have a clue, I have have plenty of clients like that.... :whistle
Jamie
ImageImage
PRO Level 15

Postby airwolf » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 am

the easyest way to be the securest PC in the world o wait that can be :D just download the ShadowSecurityScaner install it when you launch it you have to know your IP addresv select the full scan enter your ip in the HOST area and scan after scan you will be shown all the information about windows defense issuses and info how to fix them its a great tool for security :D i use this all the time and from then 0 hacks :DDDD the main thing is to not leave any opened ports and open files unscaned or from unknown persons :D
Intel Duo Core 2.66 Ghz
2.0Gb of RAM
640 GB HDD
GeForce 8600GT [The GTS burned ;( ]
Proud Intel User
PRO Level 7

Postby Wolf56 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:09 pm

yeah i think it was through msn, when i opened a email it loaded something fast and my comp did nothing, and yeah, ive got comodo firewall now, and avast home edition. and i havent had any intrusions/viruses since, ive detected them but when i detect anything like adware/malware, i just tell avast to delete it, i dont take chances
PRO Level 3

Return to Security & Virus